• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please don't think badly of me......

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
......so soon after dear Estelle's death.

But I have learnt that one of the things that helps me come to terms with the deaths of my furry family, is the thought that there is now a space here in my heart and home which can and will eventually be filled with another little rescue animal.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=32990

Fate has guided me to this lady. How strange that she looks so much like Estelle and her name is almost exactly the same as Estelle's first husbun, well the first that I know of.

I'm still in shock but have to think about dear Frankie and finding him a new lady friend in a couple of weeks.

It is very courageous of you to offer a home to another Rabbit. Ambrosia looks to be a very sweet girl and I am sure that Frankie will benefit from not being alone for too long xx

There is room in your heart to love and remember and room in your home for another lucky little bun. Brilliant decision :love:.

She is lovely :love:

I don't see why anyone who would think badly of you. Adopting another rescue rabbit to keep Frankie company even if you may not be ready, is incredibly selfless

She looks lovely.

I've just had to do the same thing.
I feel awful about getting a new bunny so soon but my remaining bun needs company and I can take in a rescue bun that needs me.

I hope the bond goes well between Frankie and the new girl :)

Aww. I read your lovely thread about Estelle. I do so hope that Ambrosia and Frankie will be happy together.

I've done the same and adopted Violet from BARC on the same day I picked up Gemma's ashes. I was worried it would seem like I didn't love Gemma to other people, but I wanted George to have bunny company.

I know I can't do anything for a bun that has gone to the Bridge, but I can help a bun who needs a home. Concentrating on settling a new bun in and getting to know them helps me cope with my loss in a weird sort of way. I know this wouldn't work for many people, but it is how I have always been. I do think it may seem heartless to others though:oops:

she is lovely :love: go with your heart and rescue her and give her a loving home, Estelle, will always be with you and im sure she would approve

no one will think badly of you, I and them am sure will think your doing a lovely thing x

I'm sure no one would ever think badly of you, I think it is a very good idea and it will give you and Frankie a very good diversion at this sad time.

I think it's a fantastic idea, good for you for being so brave, it's meant to be that you have been guided to her. Good luck, keep us updated :love:

I think you're wonderful. Timing may not be ideal for us, but means everything to the unwanted animal.
A big thank you on behalf of Ambrosia.

I am so sorry for your loss, I didn't know until I saw this :( Binky free gorgeous Estelle.

I think you are doing a wonderful thing offering another home as well as your care and knowledge. I have to admit after a loss the thing that helps me to move on is the thought of new life too. Big hugs in the meantime and good luck with the bonding xx

No-one could feel badly toward you for offering up a place in your heart and home for another bun in need. It's not the same space in your heart as Estelle, as she will always hold her own in the same way all our beloved friends do.

Ambrosia is a beautiful bun x

I also don't think bad of you. Frankie also will thank you for finding him somebun to snuggle.

I'm sure Estelle approves thoroughly!

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

No one will think badly of you... Its a very unselfish thing to do
Ive done it a few times..... we have to put our feelings and grief aside and think of the grieving bunny who is left alone
Well done xxxx

I see things things in a similar way, especially if I have a lonely single bun to think about. I don't think anyone would think bad of you, you are doing what's right for you and Frankie :wave:

Ambrosia is beautiful (love the name too, my most recent pair are called Devon and Ambrosia :love: ), hope the bonding goes well x

No one will think badly of you... Its a very unselfish thing to do
Ive done it a few times..... we have to put our feelings and grief aside and think of the grieving bunny who is left alone
Well done xxxx

^^^^ This! :thumb:
Well done for giving a home to a rescue bunny! BTW, she's gorgeous. :love::love::love::love:

Back