• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning out newly bonded buns?

Milo+Fizz

Mama Doe
They have been together nearly 2 weeks now (trio) and up until now I have only spot cleaned around them. Now the playhouse needs a complete clean but I'm a little worried about doing this. Ideally I need to move all 3 out as it's a little difficult to clean around 3 buns :lol:. I am attaching the aviary on Saturday but am only giving them a tiny section so I could in theory clean the play house then but do you think both extra space and a clean at the same time is too much? This bonding is hard work :lol:.

ETA: All were litter trained but I haven't put trays in yet it's just hay all over the floor.

Could you pen them in to half the playhouse, clean then pen them in the other half? My guinea pigs are all real little scardies so I do them like that (no need to pen tho. me being busy in half the cage keeps them away under hidey boxes).

Back