• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fostering

Rexripley

Mama Doe
Due to the recent loss of bruce (harleys partner) and fluffy penelope (alfies partner)
I will be attempting to bond alfie and harley.

If this is successful I will be left with a large rabbit area.

Im unsure if I want to get anymore rabbits of my own due to the pain of losing them but wondered if fostering would be a possibility. Id probably end up getting attached.

Does anyone have any advice/opinions on fostering.?

I briefly dabbled with it earlier this year - and swiftly ended up with another pair of rabbits of my own! :lol:

For me it was a good way to see if I could handle a second setup (I only had one pair previously), and at the time there was a reasonable likelihood of me having to work away for extended periods of time, so I didn't feel able to adopt. I do know that if that hadn't changed, I would have found it very hard to give them back anyway as they had already been with me for 6 months!

If you're interested then give your local rescue a shout and find out how it would work with them. And be prepared to end up with more bunnies!

I find it very hard fostering, hence the reason we are now a sanctuary.
I guess it would be easier if you only had them a short time, but we had some for a year and ended up keeping them.
I think your biggest issue would be to find a local rescue which actually fosters out, or even ones who take rabbits, in the Aberdeenshire area.

Back