• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about bunny behaviour..

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
:wave:
I brought my girl inside today as a treat and she's been so confident, not shy like she normally is, and is exploring everything! and me!:shock::roll:
well i always wondered at how she was beginning to trust me and start to grow confident even after the first three years of her life :)()before i discovered this forum and understood bunnies.

back to my question, She's in now, cleaning herself (so cute!:D)(I love how she flicks her paws before licking them :D:love:) and just earlier on when she was sniffing and climbing on me she nipped the sleeve of my jumper. I wasn't moving, just lying there. But she's always been a gentle bunny and never nipped me before ever. So i decided to ignore it but just as I was writng the above sentences, she started digging my leg ad nipping it. I'm not an expert on bunny behavior and i just wanted to check she wasn't upset or annoyed at me. Just as i thought she was beginning to like me :(

My bunny always nips at my clothes and does that thing where they dig into your clothes. :lol:

I don't think it means anything bad. My Benji used to do it sometimes and he loved me really. :)

It might be your clothes. Some bunnies love nibbling on clothes, and also if there is a certain smell that they like/dislike on your clothes, that could be why. Benji had a thing about biting jeans. :lol:

I think they sometimes do it if you are in their way too. Rupert nibbles me if he wants to get out the shed and I'm in his way!

My bunny always nips at my clothes and does that thing where they dig into your clothes. :lol:

I don't think it means anything bad. My Benji used to do it sometimes and he loved me really. :)

It might be your clothes. Some bunnies love nibbling on clothes, and also if there is a certain smell that they like/dislike on your clothes, that could be why. Benji had a thing about biting jeans. :lol:

I think they sometimes do it if you are in their way too. Rupert nibbles me if he wants to get out the shed and I'm in his way!

She probably was a bit annoyed with you, but only because you were in her way! :lol:

:D i'm wearing jeans! :lol:

i think it actually might be becuse i was in her way, she's just bunny flopped in the area i was! :lol:
thanks x

[/B]

:D i'm wearing jeans! :lol:

i think it actually might be becuse i was in her way, she's just bunny flopped in the area i was! :lol:
thanks x

My friend came over wearing jeans and Jaffa wouldn't stop nibbling her! He also nudges me to get me out of the way and if I ignore him he moves to nips.

He sometimes digs on me if food is involved and he's either not getting it or not getting it quickly enough for his liking!

Ren has never nipped - she just stamps her foot!

My friend came over wearing jeans and Jaffa wouldn't stop nibbling her! He also nudges me to get me out of the way and if I ignore him he moves to nips.

He sometimes digs on me if food is involved and he's either not getting it or not getting it quickly enough for his liking!

Ren has never nipped - she just stamps her foot!

Aha! problem solved, she was nudging me a lot... :D
thanks guys! :D
(i <3 RU!)

My two constantly eat my clothes. I have now got to have 'bunny clothes' all of which have holes all over them. But they are too cute to stop cuddling :)

Shelly does that when he wants attention - digs at whatever part of me is available at that point - and his wife Holly will nip me if I pay him attention and not her...:love:

Harry does this to me.It usually means either "get out of the way you stupid hoomin" or "oi noserubs/grub/attention NOW":roll:

Stopping typing on the computer and rub my nose, get out of my spot, hmmm have you been somewhere interesting in these clothes they smell nice I'm going to suck on them a bit etc. it depends. Most of the time a nip isn't aggressive it's just making sure you are paying attention. Best not to encourage it by offering nose rubs on command though :lol:

Back