• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange Behaviour & Peed Bed for First Time

Romy

Young Bun
Hi everyone

Always good to come on this and get advice from other rabbit owners.

My mini lop (almost 2 years old) is litter trained. Last night she lay at the bottom of my bed as she has done for the past few months but started to look restless and kept moving to different parts of the bed then lying down, getting back up again.

At one point she looked like she dragged her back paws very briefly until she got into a position. She lay stretched out with her chin resting on my husbands legs. (She has never done this before). It wasn't until she got up we realised she had left a huge amount of pee on the bedding.

As I said she has never done this before and not sure if it's territorial behaviour, or something to do with her health?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

It doesn't sound normal, she may have a urinary tract infection or something. I would take her to the vet to be checked over :wave:

was she lke tiring to rub her belly along the bed or floor, my rosie used to do this when she felt uncomfortable, they can also do it if as gas,bloat symptoms, or a urinary infection

how is she eating and pooping?

maybe worth getting a check up if she is still the same

Back