• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

taking one rabbit to vet - should I take bonded companion?

As title; think Lily might have something in her ear, so am taking her to the vet shortly. Should I also take Willow? They have only ever been to the vet together for spay/follow up and routine vaccs. First time I have had to take either of them for anything else :-(

Hi there,
If you think it will be just a quick visit and home straight after I don't usually take the partner, but if your bun may need to stay I would take partner with them, I think it helps ease the stress for the poorly bun having partner with them. If your not sure if your bun will need to stay you can always just take her, and then if vet wants to keep her in, then you could come home and collect the partner and take him over. I did this recently when one of my buns was poorly and had to stay in. Any good rabbit vet will understand they need to stay together.
Hope Lilly is ok.

100% take the partner.

If one bun comes home smelling different, it can ruin the bond and you could face divorce.

I always took both of mine. The other one usually got a quick check over as part of the consult anyway.

I took both the other day when daisy had her post spay checkup and I have to say, that while daisy was her usual inquisitive self, Levi looked massively unimpressed to be there and just sat at the back of the carrier. I felt quite mean tbh since he didn't even need to be there!!

Thank you. I did take them both. Willow looked very unimpressed to be accompanying her sister on such an outing and thoroughly washed all traces of having set paw in there when we got home.

Back