• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ADVICE please - re blind baby bunny

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
One of the 6 babies born to the rescued Mummy has a white film over his/her eyes - should I take him to the vets - is it advisable taking him from his Mummy at 4 weeks old?? Any advice? Is there anything I should be doing for the others? Thank you

One of the 6 babies born to the rescued Mummy has a white film over his/her eyes - should I take him to the vets - is it advisable taking him from his Mummy at 4 weeks old?? Any advice? Is there anything I should be doing for the others? Thank you

I would take the entire litter to the Vet, Mum too if possible. It may be that the problem is EC related. EC contracted from the Mother at birth often effects the lenses of the eyes. The lenses rupture causing cataracts to form.

Oh okay - even though all the others are okay? Mummy was a white nethie wildie bun running free on a petting farm when I rescued her - what would the vets do Jane??

Thank you ladies - I will - didn't think of taking ALL of them :shock::shock::shock::shock: that'll be a job and a half!!:lol::lol: How would they treat tinies that young?

Back