• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunshine at Night: A hare on a sofa - not a common sight!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Sunshine likes to spend her days and evenings on sofas - fortunately we have several.

Here she models the golden 'evening sofa': During the day she prefers the red/gold stripey velvet sofa.

(sorry if its small - ALL my images from photobucket end up small even though I ask it to make them big!!!)

If you are on facebook you can see a better image on my OHs facebook (Stephen Kemp)

file-150.jpg

How amazing. Such a beautiful creature.

Are hares litter-trainable? Do they chew? And what does she do all day? Does she run about more than a rabbit?

Are hares litter-trainable? Do they chew? And what does she do all day? Does she run about more than a rabbit?

Keep in mind that Belgian hares are actually rabbits bred to look like hares, so it'll be the same as any breed of rabbit, although I'd thought she'd be more active than a lop say. Unless hares are like greyhounds and are lazy but with the odd bursts of energy.

Real hares are very hard to breed and keep as pets.

Keep in mind that Belgian hares are actually rabbits bred to look like hares, so it'll be the same as any breed of rabbit, although I'd thought she'd be more active than a lop say. Unless hares are like greyhounds and are lazy but with the odd bursts of energy.

Real hares are very hard to breed and keep as pets.

I am pretty certain Sunshine Daydream is a real hare......hand reared by Twigs

She poos and wees in an area about 4ft square in the corner of the bedroom so we have a waterproof sheet down in that area. She does not use a tray as such though there is one there and she does put some poo in it. She sleeps all day and has two periods of activity in wvening and night when she runs around the house madly ip and down stairs. Yes she is a real hare

She doesnt chew

Last edited:
Sunshine likes to spend her days and evenings on sofas - fortunately we have several.

Here she models the golden 'evening sofa': During the day she prefers the red/gold stripey velvet sofa.

(sorry if its small - ALL my images from photobucket end up small even though I ask it to make them big!!!)

If you are on facebook you can see a better image on my OHs facebook (Stephen Kemp)

file-150.jpg

I'd love to see more photos, but there's loads of Stephen kemps:lol:

Back