• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Simba -Updated 6th October-Doing Well :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I am not able to edit the title of Yaretzi's thread, so to make it easier to keep you all updated about him I have started this thread. The original thread about Simba's plight can be seen here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...-with-a-friend-of-a-friends-very-poorly-bunny

Donna said that Simba had a bit of a blip yesterday and he was not too keen on eating. He was pooing well though. After a few hours he perked up again and he is now back to eating normally, normally for him that is. He will be having his Dental treatment when his weight gets to 1.8kg. At the moment he is 1.4kg, although he is due a weigh-in this evening so hopefully he will have gained a bit more.

Donna's Son and Foster Daughter both think that he is looking better now.Wendy has trimmed some more of his matted fur from his face, so I am sure that makes him feel more comfortable.

I will keep this thread updated regularly for those following Simba's progress :D

Last edited:
Lets hope for as close to 1.8 as possible then! He must already be much more comfortable than he was, and I'm glad he's eating ok now. Topping up vibes for him too, he's a very special and lucky little bun xxx

Thank you for that. I am watching the thread with extra attention, not just for Simba but for our own special needs bun who had the most appalling mouth and skin issues when we got him. unfortunately after a heroic recovery from surgery and re-growing his fur that had rotted off he now appears to have hyper salivation due to fibrosis on the tongue wounds.

I am really hoping Simbas mouth injuries due to poor teeth are not as dreadful as Coltsfoots.

Thank you for the update Jane - glad to hear that Simba is doing okay'ish - far better than he would have been if not rescued. Fingers crossed for a good weight gain!:thumb:

Thank you for the update :wave: I literally can't stop thinking about this poor rabbit, so glad he's doing well

Thanks so much for the update on the lovely Simba :love: sending many vibes for his recovery

Thank you for the update. :wave:

Glad to hear that Simba is doing OK. Sending loads more vibes for the brave little lad. xx

Just home and weighted the little man - he is now 1.5!
He is really beginning to smell very strongly of un-neutered male rabbit though - which is not very nice in your house.
I am quite concerned about his posture - he sits with his rear end very tucked under and his back legs coming right out between his front ones. He looks like a bun that has been shut in a hutch that is too small for years and hasn't been able to straighten his back - but I don't think this is the case and he can hop normally, it's just when he sits.

Great he has managed to put on 100 grams. Hope his back soughts itself out. Maybe he was used to huddling in a corner. Poor Simba. :(

Just home and weighted the little man - he is now 1.5!
He is really beginning to smell very strongly of un-neutered male rabbit though - which is not very nice in your house.
I am quite concerned about his posture - he sits with his rear end very tucked under and his back legs coming right out between his front ones. He looks like a bun that has been shut in a hutch that is too small for years and hasn't been able to straighten his back - but I don't think this is the case and he can hop normally, it's just when he sits.

It may be due to muscle wastage/ spinal arthritis. Glad to hear that his weight is heading in the right direction :D

Oh dear, about the eau de entire buck................ :?

It may be due to muscle wastage. Glad to hear that his weight is heading in the right direction :D

Oh dear, about the eau de entire buck................ :?

Can you fix muscle wastage ? Will it improve when he puts on weight ?

Read the updates to James, he called the ex owners basterds. :evil: Yaretzi mentioned they had a small outdoor hutch, as well as the indoor one. Makes you wonder.

Can you fix muscle wastage ? Will it improve when he puts on weight ?

Read the updates to James, he called the ex owners basterds. :evil: Yaretzi mentioned they had a small outdoor hutch, as well as the indoor one. Makes you wonder.

It can improve with the regaining of overall condition.

Thank you for the update, fingers crossed this little guy can make as near a full recovery as possible now he has some TLC.

Good to have updates. Thank you. Poor little soul. How many more are there out there :cry::evil::censored:

Back