• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furniture repair..... :(

SJH

Warren Veteran
Has anyone had to have a leather sofa repaired?!?

Hector took a bite when he was very young. It isn't that noticeable so, whilst I'd had a look on the web for repair companies, I hadn't chanced it. Basically, you have to send the cushion away and I was a bit wary of doing this.

However, this morning...... :(:evil:

This time it is more noticeable. I have no idea what has got into him. It's only one bite (conti sized....) but it is obvious. He is so well behaved now I had got used to trusting him to snooze on the sofa unattended which I did not generally do. :cry::cry:

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
Strathvale Furnishings seem a reputable company.

They have, however, quoted me over £700 to repair/re-cover the back cushion and arm bits of an Ekornes chair, where it has been faded by sun and encountered a few cat scratches!

I'm sorry, I can't help, but can sympathise since Samantha and Truffles had a gnaw of my leather sofa last week after leaving it alone for months. Probably just as well that the contis will never get hold of it!

Back