• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stained Cornea

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Maisie had a slightly runny eye and one white blob of goo yesterday but was fine in every other respect so she went to the vet today for a tum and tooth MOT. All was fine but when her eyeball was stained with dye it revealed a stained cornea which suggests an abrasion. I am just wondering how that could have happened. Is it likely she poked her eye on some hay or readigrass, that stuff is quite coarse so it seems likely.

ETA she came away with eyedrops for both eyes just in case.

Any foreign body in the eye could have caused a corneal abrasion. Hay or straw for example.

Hope the treatment clears up the problem quickly.

Any foreign body in the eye could have caused a corneal abrasion. Hay or straw for example.

Hope the treatment clears up the problem quickly.

Thanks Jane, Maisie is a lop and I think her ears hinder her burrowing capability sometimes, she does not seem as streamlined as my uppy eared bunnies. Our hay is full of thistles and things too, hope it wasn't something as sore as that though. She has just accepted her eyedrops without any fuss, bless her.

Back