• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Definitely got their appetites back ...

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
In fact I think Willow particularly would probably eat me if I lay down. The puppy pen is getting very old for her though, she wants out although the vet wanted me to keep them in for a week. I fear we may not have a spare room left if we do.
Poor Nettle is never feisty, but she is still subdued and her ulcered eye is no better, in fact it looks worse if anything. Check up is tomorrow - what's next if the ointment hasn't worked?

I'm sorry about Nettle, no advice I'm afraid :( glad they're eating again though, hopefully the pen won't be the next thing to go!

I'm going to ask tomorrow if we can move them back out to the shed as long as we take out all the things they could jump on. I think they'll be much happier (if colder) out there.

I'm going to ask tomorrow if we can move them back out to the shed as long as we take out all the things they could jump on. I think they'll be much happier (if colder) out there.

Hopefully that'll be fine, I couldn't imagine having giants in the space Pooka has right now.

It's only a matter of time before she jumps on to the bed in there anyway - she's out of the puppy pen as soon as I open it, and since I'm trying to get stuff done like clear up poos/old food/newspaper etc I can't stop both of them jumping on to it at once. At least, I've managed so far but it's inevitable. Better they're outside and only have the cat flap to negotiate I think. I understand they have a lot more muscle to heal but equally they're twice as hard to confine, so it's a difficult one to assess really.

I'm surprised they've not vaulted the pen yet to be honest. It does sound like they would have a better environment outside, the only reason I would have thought for bringing them in would be the first night when the GA fiddles with their systems.

I'm surprised they've not vaulted the pen yet to be honest. It does sound like they would have a better environment outside, the only reason I would have thought for bringing them in would be the first night when the GA fiddles with their systems.

It's a 5 ft pen. That's probably the only reason! If I wasn't seeing the vet tomorrow, and hadn't specifically asked how long she wanted me to keep them inside, I'd move them out now TBH. Maybe I'm being silly and shouldn't wait for tomorrow. Dunno what to do for the best really.

Back