• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor set up

shadow05

Mama Doe
Basically I am trying to change scooters home again. He keeps making too much noise which i don't mind cause hes a bunny hes gonna make noise no matter what i do. I am trying to either make or get him a cage or pen that does not make such a racket when he chews and pulls on bars. My mom keeps telling me off now cause its keeping my brothers up who have to get up for work the next day.

So i was thinking of a converted hutch in my room but made to look a bit more like a house and lined in side with laminate he is house trained but has the odd accident. I have had a look at hutches but they are either just not the right size or not what i want for him. I still haven't sorted out my room so that he can be free ranging while i am in there but there is that many wires its hard to hide them all. I am still working on this problem. I am going to be doing that soon as well as spending more time with him as my hours at work have been decreased finally.

Can anybody think of a more cost effective solution as well as a better noise solution. The panels of the pen he is in at the moment are metal and move around a fair bit when he chews on them and not very good sound wise. He is in a 4 ft by 3 ft pen i think it is. i was aiming for 6 ft but there is literally no more room to give him that extra 2 ft.

ill be glad when i have my own place cause he will have his own room :)

for anybody who wants to know scooter is doing great not ageing very well like his ears have started going a bit grey bless him and he has lost weight but i am working to let him gain this back. He will be going to the vets soon for a check up and make sure everything is okay. will be his seconded time in all of his life lol.

he turns 4 this year doesn't seem like it was that long ago that he was a baby.

As I'm sure you already know, 4ft x 3ft is just too small for him and doesn't allow him any room to exercise.

Have you thought about having a large dog crate and then attaching a run to it using panels? He's biting and rattling because he is bored and cannot move around.

Unfortunately, as Babsie said, his pen is just not big enough for him and he will be rattling and making noise because he is frustrated. If you increase his space he should stop the bar chewing. Do his pen panels come apart? You could block off the areas of your room where there are lots of wires so he effectively has free range but can't get into too much trouble :)

I cant give him any more space. With everything else in here there just isn't enough room his pen takes up most of my bedroom.

there's just one area where there is loads of wires but ive got a plan for that. there's also the corners in the room where the carpet comes up easily and where it has been damaged by him in past. ive got a plan for these too most are blocked off but the others i can either be covered up or something can be done to block him from getting near to it. im gonna buy a load of NIC cubes. i don't think i could make him a cage out of these cause he would most likely escape so im gonna use them to block places like under my bed and the sofa cause if he damages the sofa ill get a right telling off.

ill get some cable trunking for my Ethernet cable as well. hes never been particularly interested in wires but ill not leave it to chance.

Unfortunately, as Babsie said, his pen is just not big enough for him and he will be rattling and making noise because he is frustrated. If you increase his space he should stop the bar chewing. Do his pen panels come apart? You could block off the areas of your room where there are lots of wires so he effectively has free range but can't get into too much trouble :)

trust me scooter finds trouble where ever he can he loves getting told that hes been naughty. Cant help but laugh at him most of the time cause he just runs off binkying as he goes lol

Back