• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bottles that don't drip

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Are there any?

I had a really good one ages ago that was supposed to not drip, and it didn't, but I can't remember what one it was now

Do you fill it all the way to the top, I mean no air in it whatsoever? I've never had an issue with any when I do that. :)

My old ones, just the standard ones you get everywhere constantly dripped. Not a problem in the run but I was worried it would damage the floor of the hutch.

Do you fill it all the way to the top, I mean no air in it whatsoever? I've never had an issue with any when I do that. :)

I also have no problem with the standard ones, so long as when I fill them, they are filled up completely with no air bubbles.

In fact I am quite wary of any other bottles as I had a "dripless" "quiet spout" water bottle in the first place and it broke in less than a week and actually stopped letting water out, when the bunnies tried to drink from it!!!

Going to try filling one right up and see how it goes. Never thought of it before.

I had a dripping water bottle for Fudge, it did my nut in! But started to fill it to the top and it stopped :)

Thanks, I'm getting a smaller bottle and just wondered if it was worth getting one that supposedly doesn't drip, but I will just get a standard one and make sure I'm doing that :D

Filled the girls water bottles up this morning to the brim before putting the spout on and can confirm no drips. Will get OH to check throughout the day to make sure that's still the case. Thanks for the tip, the wet floors were starting to do my head in.

Same, it's really annoying! Got a normal bottle so I will see tonight, but if it's working for all you guys I'm sure mine will stop dropping too

Remember that you do need to descale water bottle occasionally as scale build up can prevent the ball from sealing the hole in the spout properly. Just drop the spout into a small amount of vinegar for half an hour and then give it a good wash afterwards. Should do the trick.

I use the John Hopewell 'Ezi-filla' bottles for my piggies and they don't drip at all :thumb:.

Did the 'fill it up til its overflowing then put the top on' thing and ... it worked. Yey. Bowls and bottles for those nervous and beautiful guinea pigs from now on.

Back