PDA

View Full Version : Renaming Rabbits

TheBinkyBunny
15-09-2013, 07:17 PM
i have posted before about this

I am not overally keen on my buns names anymore i and like the names lilo and stitch but my mum thinks its not fair to rename them when pepsi has had his name since he was 6 month old and skye has had her name since she was 6 month old. They dont respond to their names anyway.

what do you guys think

Ailstar
15-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Personally I wouldn't rename them if you have already been calling them by their current names. I don't really think the new names will stick and you'll just end up back calling/thinking of them with their current names anyway. If you've just got them from a rescue or whatever that's different though.

TheBinkyBunny
15-09-2013, 07:21 PM
its the only name they have ever had

Liz47
15-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I dont think id have a problem renaming them, as most dont learn their names I think. All mine have kept their names, but because i like them and think they suite them.

TheBinkyBunny
15-09-2013, 07:25 PM
would lilo and stitch suite my rabbits in my signiture

Kermit
15-09-2013, 08:08 PM
How long have they had the names?

My Herbie was named by BARC and I kept it as the OH liked it.
Hollie was called Flossie for 10months at the SPCA, I changed it when I got her.
I would imagine that both had other names prior to going into the rescue also!

My BB Inca also used to be poppet at the rescue, so I changed her name :)

TheBinkyBunny
15-09-2013, 08:10 PM
they have had them since they were both 6 months an now pepsi is nearly 4 and skye is 1 on thursday

honeybunny
15-09-2013, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't bother not because the rabbits will mind but because you've used their other names for so long seems a bit of a waste of effort..also Lilo and Stitch are very common names for bunnies now and i think the ones they have are nicer :D

TheBinkyBunny
15-09-2013, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't bother not because the rabbits will mind but because you've used their other names for so long seems a bit of a waste of effort..also Lilo and Stitch are very common names for bunnies now and i think the ones they have are nicer :D

i was thinking of just renaming one them changing skyes name to poppit but i dont know yet

Sarah1989
15-09-2013, 09:59 PM
I tried to rename Slipper to a more masculine name when I found out she was actually a he, but it didn't work and she still gets referred to as she anyway, as I'm sure people will have noticed on other posts when I talk about her :lol: Some habits are too hard to break.

tulsi
15-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Do it! Mine all have loads of nick names anyway and dont seem to notice. Frosty binkies when its supper time just cos he knows its time for ... PELLETS. I could call him anything I wanted (including Tottlington Schmoo, which I do call him) :lol:

Its nice to call them something you like the sound of.

My first ever pet was a black cat called Poppet. Great name.

Den
15-09-2013, 10:29 PM
When I got Poppy and Will from the rescue I liked their names, (although Will is actually Willow which just gets shortened most of the time.)

I must admit when we got Nancy after Poppy died I wanted to change her name but OH wouldnt let me as "Nancy is her name". Mind you I didnt know what to change it to. A work colleague suggested Kate or Grace!!

They're often Nancy Noo Noo and Willow Pillow though:lol::lol:

happysaz133
17-09-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't think it really matters, most bunnies don't really know their names anyway. I wouldn't change my bunnies names personally, but each to their own. I love my bunnies names and put a lot of thought into what they were going to be, so I wouldn't change mine.

However there's no point in living with a name you don't like!

hoppetylop
18-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Irenamed two of my rescue buns when i first had them-Maisie became Milly as it just seemed to suit her better,Bubble became Casper as i wasnt keen on Bubble.Harriet-also named by the rescue, suited her and i kept it and Harry,i named as he didnt have a rescue name anyway.I see no problem renaming buns for any reason-whatever youre comfortable with.

steph182
18-09-2013, 01:31 AM
I wouldnt rename mine but they do know their names! I talk to them a lot :lol:

Canine
18-09-2013, 05:13 AM
When I adopted mine I renamed one of them because his name was the same as my dogs! :lol: I would only rename if I really disliked the name they were given, but once I officially named I wouldn't change only because I'm old fashioned like that! :wave: