• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What paint? and piccies of your painted hutches please

Confused_bun

Warren Scout
My new double hutch and separate run are on order (along with a runaround pipe). :D

So I'm now thinking about what I'm going to paint it with. I think, from looking through old threads, that most people use Cuprinol Garden Shades? Is this best or does anyone use a cheaper own brand version, that they would recommend?

Also I'm really undecided on colours. I was thinking maybe some kind of green or blue with white trim/door frames, but not sure, so for inspiration, I would love to see pics of what others have done and what colours they used. :D

Thanks in advance.

I used Cuprinol but the Wilkos one looks ok as well. Mine is just cream, I was going to add some bits of colour but I got lazy :lol:

IMG_0721_zps29b9caf5.jpg

I have used Wilkinson's Willow which came out really nice... Buttercream I would avoid as I had to do 3 coats and STILL not perfect :(

Can see buttercream here:

Cuprinol garden shades Seagrass and Country Cream - I bought the 2L Seagrass which was £22 and the 1L Country Cream which was £15 I think. Still got loads left so will be handy to do extra coats after winter etc.

null_zpsf18dc9c2.jpg

We used Cuprinol Garden Shades, Forget Me Not blue. I think we did use 3 coats too, but we were painting over very old paint without properly preparing the surface so that might be why.
1012498_10151898010216057_1729298068_n.jpg

I've not got a pic but I used wilkos willow too. Covered well, only need two coats and has a lovely finish on it.

Thanks everyone. It really does help visualise the colours better and they all look very nice (and thanks to the lovely bunnies who posed for the pictures too :D ).

I got my run yesterday (the advantage of living right by where they are made is I was able to get the run as soon as they'd built it and didn't have to wait for the double hutch to be ready too). The bunnies were loving it, binkying about all over the place :D . But unfortunately I missed the Runaround delivery :( - I'd only popped to the doctors. I was gutted.

Back