• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To everyone that has lost a pet recently

elmoandfern

Mama Doe
There seems to have been a lot of sadness on the forum recently so I just wanted to share this poem that a friend shared with me when I lost my cat, Jake. It's never easy to say goodbye to a loved member of the family, but I'm sure they are all sharing stories at rainbow bridge and bragging about how wonderful their lives were :love:

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

--- Anonymous ---

What a lovely poem. Made me cry though. There's so many people suffering with losing their animals at the moment :cry:

Beautiful but so very sad. It's the hardest part of having animals in your family... It's that they are family and the pain when they pass, or have to be helped pass, feels unbearable.

Sending lots of love and (((vibes))) to those here who are going through such a terrible, tough time at the moment.xxx

:cry::cry::cry:

There does seem to have been a lot more sadness recently, and a lot of us are watching our friends grow old and know that decision is drawing near :cry: Thank you for sharing xx

Glad it's not just me that has noticed there has been lots of sadness on here recently.

Lovely poem.

I'm in tears, that poem was lovely though.

I lost my soul bunny Sydnee last week :(
There are lots of bunnies hopping off to the bridge, it's so sad :cry:

What a heartbreaking poem, but so true. I had to have my lovely bun Coco pts 6 weeks ago and I hope she would have known that I only did it to save her from pain.
This poem should go on the rainbow bridge stickies.
Thank you for posting it.

Crying at work is never a good thing - but what a beautiful poem.

Makes me so sad though that I never had any real time with Luna - but loved her so much in the time we did have together - it just seems so unfair that she didn't have a chance to become a big, bouncy bunny - that makes me cry more than anything.

So many people having to say goodbye - it's just heartbreaking.

Back