• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

no more rabbits

Rexripley

Mama Doe
Losing three rabbits in the last month has broken my heart! What's worse is I couldn't be with two of them at the time.

Alfie and harley will be my last bunnies.
I cant handle this pain of losing rabbits for the rest of my life :(
No more rabbits for me again :(

I understand and am sending hugs for you at this terrible time. ((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))) xxxx

I'm so sorry for you :cry: I understand what you mean, how awful for you to lose 3 in the same month. Lots of hugs coming your way :(

iI am with you all the way. these four are my last.

syrian hamsters and gerbils for me, after that. but you know, even they leave a much bigger hole in your life than you'd expect, when they have to go.

I dont blame you at all. I hope you start coming to terms with your losses in time x

I'm so sorry for your losses :cry: I understand what you are saying, I did decide not to have any more when my bridge bun died, but then about 6 months later when some of the pain had passed I realised that I missed having rabbits around too much and the joy they bring everyday outweighs the grief and loss when they go. Sending huge hugs xx

i totally understand. bisc will be my last bunny now, unless he shows signs of really needing a friend, and then i guess the cycle will continue. but if he remains happy with just us then he will be the last one for a long long time at least. it's just too painful when they go. :cry:

I'm so sorry that you've lost 3 bunnies in such a short space of time :(

I said when my 2 went that I wouldn't get anymore but my boy passed away and my girly needs a friend and I know in my heart I will always want to keep rescuing bunnies that need me because there will always be so many.

Losing them is heart breaking though :(

I know this all will be terribly upsetting for you, I have went through losing a bunny twice and it was devastating.

I am of a completely different frame of mind though with respect to getting other bunnies. I feel that there are so many rabbits out there that deserve to be loved and have a happy loving home and I feel that I can provide that. The reason that we feel so upset and sad when we lose a beloved pet is because of the love that they have given us during their time with us. For me, having that love far outweighs the upset and grief that occurs when they pass.

I know we are all different, just wanted to offer a different perspective.

You will never replace the ones that you lose, but your heart can be big enough to love another :)

I know this all will be terribly upsetting for you, I have went through losing a bunny twice and it was devastating.

I am of a completely different frame of mind though with respect to getting other bunnies. I feel that there are so many rabbits out there that deserve to be loved and have a happy loving home and I feel that I can provide that. The reason that we feel so upset and sad when we lose a beloved pet is because of the love that they have given us during their time with us. For me, having that love far outweighs the upset and grief that occurs when they pass.

I know we are all different, just wanted to offer a different perspective.

You will never replace the ones that you lose, but your heart can be big enough to love another :)

I feel exactly the same.
I did post on here but you've put it so much better than I did :)

I feel the same.
I have a lovely rabbit shed but I definitely won't be getting more rabbits.

Sorry for your losses.

I say this now but we have a beautiful shed which one day I think could maybe rehome a rescue couple

Ah that sounds lovely. I think it's a shame when people have been such great bunny mums decide no more for them, so all the posts at the beginning I find quite sad. But if I'm honest I don't know if I could take on another bunny if anything happens to Doughnut. This year has been awful for me while she's been ill and I will be devastated when her time comes so I would probably feel exactly the same as you.

Maybe after time you will feel you would like a couple of more bunnies but it's very early days and you have had such an awful time. I don't feel I can advise either way, I think it's lovely to give another bunny from a rescue a home but I can't say to do that when I don't know if I would be able to do this.

I am heartbroken for you Rexripley :( I just read about Penelope :(

I have made this decision aswell. The anxiety I have been getting over my bunnies health is really not healthy and like nothing I have experienced before. I just can't take it and my OH is fed up with me I am sure :( I thought maybe fostering might be an option in the future. The blue cross near me advertises for short term foster carers, which I am not sure how long that ends up as, but maybe something similar would be an option for you in the future too xxx

Sorry for your losses.
Maybe if you leave things as they are, and see how you feel in the spring. You may change your mind.

I'm winding mine down (for other reasons), but I tend to think that if I home one or two, it gives other bunnies a chance to move up and get their forever homes too.

Back