• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A nightmare week/ Roger has gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I know we get a lot of bad weeks but this one seems particularly rubbish :(

Last saturday Lenny had a seizure, and became very poorly. We suspected that his upper respiratory infection and old untreated ear infection had spread to his brain. Tests have pretty much confirmed this and the prognosis is poor. Millicent is still battling her abscess/ear infections and is travelling to her vet weekly. hedgehog one of our brain damaged bunnies was admitted for a dental yesterday, thankfully he is fine. Today Stevie one of our very special bunnies was diagnosed with an advanced tumour behind his eye. He doesn't have long left and isn't yet 2 years old.

On top of all that I have been bonding this week. None of the bonds I wanted to work did so I was left with bonding a very large 1 year old to a very small 9 year old, which I found a massive worry in case the old girl got hurt. It now seems to have settled down and fingers crossed will work out well.

Now this evening,the elderly 3 legged cat we recently took on has stopped eating. On closer inspection I have found blood coming from his mouth and his gums are swollen and blistered :cry: he has a couple of bad teeth so it might be related to that. But our vet said he is not well enough to operate on just now :? We are going to stay with him through the night and ring the emergency vet in the morning. To say we are worried is an understatement :cry:

Last edited:
Oh Liz, I'm so sorry...what a full plate that is. :(
I was just admiring Hedgehog's piccy on my calendar this afternoon. I am also sorry to hear wee Stevie is struggling. Poor bub. :(
My young tom cat had his first dental in years awhile back for a tooth that was reabsorbing. It was pretty rough on him and he took a long time to recover. I hope your kitty has something easily managed and will be okay.
Sending many healing/comforting vibes and prayers for all your poorly ones and some strengthening vibes and hugs for you too! ((((((((((((((Liz & Steve)))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

Oh goodness... It all comes at once. :(

I wish I had words that would make things feel better, but all I have are lots of ((((vibes)))) ... And the the thought that at least these poorly furbies are with someone who cares and does their very best to make them as comfy as possible. Hang on in there.xx

Oh no :cry: sending many vibes for every bun and puss, and strength giving hugs to you xx

Well I spoke to soon. Prince and Rosie who I was bonding this week started fighting in the night. Roger is no better at all and hubby is now not well.

I can't remember the last time I got to sleep through a night. What I would give for just one day off from it all..........

Oh liz, my heart goes out to you, what a bloody awful week. So sorry to read about roger and we are thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Back