• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what words do your rabbits respond to/listen to. understand

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
mine obviously recognise there names
and they understand the word no
suppertime
come on

there a funny sentence I say when n bathroom, 'sox stand up and look at yourself in the mirror then he does :shock:

Their names, the word no.
I'm pretty sure they know the words treats, pellets and crunchies too. :lol:
Even if I say it in a normal tone, they both perk up and look over, then jump on me.

Alice will come to her name.
They both come to their treat box being rattled!!
And they definatly both know the word no :lol:

Mylo responds to 'bunny', and 'dinner' :roll: And if I say 'excuse me' loudly she stops what she's doing (usually nibbling something she's not supposed to! :lol:)

They understand no, and they know they're doing something naughty if I point at them :lol:

They ***** their ears if I say the word dinner, but don't come running until I get up. Lilly rotates her ears towards me and looks at me when I say Lilly, but not with other words.

Harvey used to come to "come here" but not anymore :roll:

The word no, although it does make me wonder if its more the tone of my voice. Today Jenson came running when we shouted his name but I thinks it had more to with him thinking we had food lol!

Mr Bennett knows his name and variations of his name, like Tiny Man and Mr B. He knows dill and crunchie. I know he definately knows these words. He runs up the hallway if I say crunchie and he goes into his dog crate if I say dill.

Pretty sure he knows some simple words I say to him, like food and pellets and say to him, show me what you want. I doubt he knows the sentence but he seems to know what I am trying to say and he runs and periscopes at the bag of pellets. He only gets a few now but he seems to know what he wants.

When I let my bunnies out the other night I was walking towards the kitchen and saw the kitchen cupboard open and couldn't see Buster anywhere so I shouted "Buster, you better not be in that cupboard" He hopped out with his naughty face on looking at me and when I said "come on you" he ran out the kitchen towards me! :D

Their names & what's this - which usually means I have something yummy for them & go home - which is when i want them to go back to the hutch when free ranging the garden :)

Mine. respond to

"bunny bunnies!!" - they come running
if I say 'up' , they jump on their box to get pellets or crunchies,,,

Fee x

My bunnies respond to their names..

Reggie responds to his name, the word "pellets" and the word "up" to take a fenugreek crunchie... C'mon Reggie boy, gotta work for that crunchie... :lol::lol:;)

They know 'no' and flick their back legs or sideways binky away from me when they know they are doing something they shouldn't.

Lola was digging a piece of carpet so I said no, she ran off, returned, did it again, I said no, she ran off, returned, did it again, and after a few more times she returned to it, looked at me to see my reaction before she did anything, shook her head and ran off without digging. I am convinced she had learnt that going there would earn a no, and ran off thinking the no was coming! The look on her face was just like a toddler when they know they are about to do something naughty.

She also knows come here, which I say in a baby high pitched voice, so I think she thinks that is her name :lol: I don't think the others know their names, or any words apart from no.

I miss my bridge bun Chester who responded to whistles. He would come bounding out from wherever he was playing to come to me when I whistled him. He could be upstairs and I'd whistle and hear him bounding down the stairs and run in to the living room straight to me :love:

All my buns know their names and wee nicknames, dinner time, no, leave it.
Biscuit and Freddie know stand up, and also up to get them to jump on a box.
Freddie will turn around when you tell him to.
Parsley knows out. :) if he goes in a room or something he shouldn't be in we say that and he stops immediately what he's doing and runs away. Also up he jumps onto the couch :)

Bunsk knows his name and no. He does the cheeky kick and sideways binky when i chase him saying no!

If I shout the word 'no' at Jack he responds... Just not as I'd like him to. :roll: Shouting 'no' at him always results in him binkying all over the place like a crazy thing. It's got so bad, actually, that he starts doing head binkies just before he does something naughty in anticipation of being shouted at.

If I shout the word 'no' at Jack he responds... Just not as I'd like him to. :roll: Shouting 'no' at him always results in him binkying all over the place like a crazy thing. It's got so bad, actually, that he starts doing head binkies just before he does something naughty in anticipation of being shouted at.

:lol::lol::lol: Awwww....he knows how to get around you alright!

Sheldon knows his name - and all the bunnies will respond to a whistle. And to the sound of the crunchie packet being opened. Harley is quite funny as well - as soon as I let her out for a run, she immediatly periscopes as she is so used to getting a crunchie as soon as she leaves her hutch - so before I've even gone to get a crunchie for her - she is periscoping towards me.:love:

Jasper definately knows there'll be something good on the end of a 'Jas-Jas' call.
Fresh Willow branches usually or a fat dandelion cigar :lol:

Back