• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How the Heck Did I Cope With 35 Rabbits ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I 'only' have 18 now and I am exhausted from all the work it takes to look after them. Dont get me wrong, I am not moaning (for a change!!) but just thinking about how many Rabbits I used to have here makes me :shock:

I could never do it again.

I often think that about the number of sicky pets I used to have, whilst working full time too. I guess you just get into a routine with it, but I wouldn't do it again. Less is more, or something!

I often think that about the number of sicky pets I used to have, whilst working full time too. I guess you just get into a routine with it, but I wouldn't do it again. Less is more, or something!

Yes, for me certainly as far as the size of accommodation I can provide

35??? Wow!! My two keep me busy enough! 18 is still very impressive :) you buns are all gorgeous as well, I love looking at the pics :)

35??? Wow!! My two keep me busy enough! 18 is still very impressive :) you buns are all gorgeous as well, I love looking at the pics :)

35 was way too many. At the time I did not think so, but now I really cant imagine coping with that many. Also, I feel I can now provide a much better environment for all of them.

6 is enough for me. They are an emotional drain more than anything. Financial I can deal with. But when you have big numbers you are more likely to have more illness and death which is heart breaking...

Now Jane, are you SURE Mr Endeavour isn't creating enough mayhem to make it FEEL like you still have 35? ;);)

:love::love::love:

I wonder how I manage with six rabbits some days. I guess (hope) it will be a lot easier when they are all together in the shed.

Good point about being able to offer them better space when you have fewer.

I am just waiting for the right time/mindset/courage to bond my group. That will defo improve their living space.

Cleaning 3 rabbits and 3 chinchillas seems like full time work sometimes, 3 chinchillas produce alot of poo and I am constantly sweeping. 35 bunnies must have been alot of work and I know you clean them every day. I don't know how you coped if you were unwell.

35 was definitely far too many. I realise that now. Large accommodation is important and now I am able to provide that. I know I did cope with the 35, but as I said, it was too many.

I can't imagine having more than 3! It won't be so bad if they will bond together, but having to juggle my time between them all ("all"..:lol:) is pretty difficult when I work too. Mainly because I feel I'm "neglecting" them when I spend time with the other/s. :roll: Today I have been sorting out Shadowfax's run and wendy house and even though I cleaned Fiver and Xena's tray out, I feel as though I haven't really seen them all day. I could not cope with 18, let alone 35! :shock: Just shows how amazing you are to have been able to give them all full and happy lives. :thumb:

Do you enjoy them more too? :) I bet a few less pens to clean means more time for bunny snuggles :lol:

I think my three have aged me beyond my years in worry, and so in a sense that was too many for me. I am both saddened and relieved that OH has too many allergies/physical problems to handle having bunnies (or cats either) again as I don't think I could resist another in need if I saw it, but simply cannot take the strain on myself emotionally when they fall ill. It just guts me and I haven't lost any of mine yet. :(
I also think I'd prefer have less with nicer accommodations, rather than many whom I would have less time per bunny for visiting and caring for.
Of course, mine are all singles, so they need that extra attention. When you have couples or multiples who keep each other busy, that's different.

But this is one of the reasons we love you Jane. You have done so well despite all the challenges. I stand in awe, really. :)
All your bunnies, no matter the number, have been so lucky to have you as their carer. ((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))) xxxx

my four are enough.

i didn't have any qualms about your 35, jane. perhaps that number was right for you then and fewer is right for you now. you love your buns. that's the main thing.

Back