• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hamster cages! And the hamsters!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Gave them some more Fitch as they've been stamping it down! Phoebe was very happy. Apollo just kept trying to find somewhere else to go to sleep :roll: :lol:

null_zps3f7ae358.jpg

null_zpsa28e27ef.jpg

Her new stick and millet bell.

null_zpsb50d29c9.jpg

Apollo, who has stopped changing colour. He is now black, white, then brown!

null_zpsa40a2369.jpg

null_zps77650e58.jpg

null_zpsb0df073b.jpg

null_zps0f6541bc.jpg

null_zpsd56705ae.jpg

null_zps058dc236.jpg

null_zpsdf2fde69.jpg

so nice to see hamster kept in the right size cages, As I breed and show hamsters for my own show lines I am impressed with your set ups,

Such cute hammies!!

If Sid's front brown patch continues turning black he's going to look so similar to Apollo! Just with a smaller band of white!! They'll look just like twins, and they have the same cage :D

That hanging coconut bed looks awesome! I want one for Sid now :lol:

What is it with all these colour changing hamsters?! :lol: Lucky u now has a tri coloured hammy! Planning a revamp of Graysons cage soon, just waiting on some money! Finally going to make a proper mesh lid too! Hoping it might perk him up a bit, he's gone back to hardly ever coming out! Weird after his phase of doing miles on his wheel every evening... Is there any toys Apollo likes in particular? I've looked at things so many times but get put off buying as I think it'll just end up being cage decoration! I don't think he does anything he doesn't have to! He climbs up to his tree house roof but only up the ramp, never touches the ladder, that's be too much like hard work :roll:

He only really likes digging (which has only been recently :roll: :lol:) and sleeping, he's a very lazy hamster! He is a climber though, after I took the cage picture he came out and stated monkey barring up to his hammock where he (surprisingly..) fell asleep :lol:

He does love his long bridge which is being used as a ramp, I was going to order another with my last zooplus order but there were none in stock :( and I'm not allowed to buy anything else :oops: :lol:

He only really likes digging (which has only been recently :roll: :lol:) and sleeping, he's a very lazy hamster! He is a climber though, after I took the cage picture he came out and stated monkey barring up to his hammock where he (surprisingly..) fell asleep :lol:

He does love his long bridge which is being used as a ramp, I was going to order another with my last zooplus order but there were none in stock :( and I'm not allowed to buy anything else :oops: :lol:

Grayson doesn't seem to be a climber but he doesn't really have anything to do monkey bar swinging! All my hamsters as a kid did that but they all lived in wire cages! I'm hoping when I put mesh on it might encourage him to climb more as he might think he can escape :lol: I'm thinking of putting some kind of lookout on top as he often climbs on top of his bed but I can't c him as the end of the cage is wood and that's where my sofa is! I think he goes there when he wants to come out so I thought a lookout might be good :thumb: There's a little climbing rope thing that I've had my eye on for a while but no idea if he'll use it! Wanted a digging bit for him but just worried he'll sleep and wee in it again!

I love your set ups. Harvest loves to dig. Going to get a cardboard box to fill with fitch tomoz!

Oooh! where did you get that hamster cage from?? :D

Zooplus :) it's the Alexander :) you can get it a bit cheaper if you buy it off the German website! I bought it when it was in the sale or £60 off the UK site.
It was between the Alexander and the Alaska, but I would have felt bad having a dwarf in a 100x50cm cage and a syrian in an 80xsomething cm cage :lol:

I love Apollo's hammock. Did you make it or buy it? Bet Harvest would go for one.

Right at this moment she is gnawing loudly on her wooden cage even though the mesh is on the inside of the wood!!! Going to have to strengthen it tomorrow :?

I got it off eBay :) I have 3, all rat hammocks :) the hamster hammock I have was only ever good for my little robo :lol:

Looks great :D

It's so pointless Norby being in a ZZ2, he'll only use about a third of the cage :roll: He point blank refuses to go any further, little weirdo!

I love your cages :D

Thank you :love: I'm finally happy with what my hamsters are in :lol: it's just that niggling feeling of wanting a robo again, I miss my little April, damage and all :( and that kios is just screaming at me to adopt another :shock: the only thing stopping me is my bf :lol:

Looks great :D

It's so pointless Norby being in a ZZ2, he'll only use about a third of the cage :roll: He point blank refuses to go any further, little weirdo!

:lol: I had April in the ZZ2 but moved her into the kios when her spinning got really bad because she just used the small area outside her house. Apollo doesn't really use a lot of the space in his cage but Phoebe enjoys hers, I did think about swapping them over during their next full clean out but Phoebe is a very clumsy climber and the Alexander is very tall, even with the levels in :lol:

Love your set ups. You've reminded me I must re-silence Marmalades wheel when I get home, last night it was horrendously squeeky, the tape must need replacing.

I always think your cages are fab :)

Also may I ask what mix does your Syrian have?

Thank you:D

He has a mix of Harry hamster (with the sweet corn and alfalfa pellets taken out), Wilkos hamster food (with the sweet corn taken out) and syrian supahamster harvest :) also science selective hamster food, but he only gets 2-3 of those biscuits when I feed him :)

I would just feed the Supahamster (from petsupermarket) but he enjoys something different from each bag! I don't mind though as he eats it all :) especially the science selective biscuits but I wouldn't like feeding those as an only diet.

Thank you:D

He has a mix of Harry hamster (with the sweet corn and alfalfa pellets taken out), Wilkos hamster food (with the sweet corn taken out) and syrian supahamster harvest :) also science selective hamster food, but he only gets 2-3 of those biscuits when I feed him :)

I would just feed the Supahamster (from petsupermarket) but he enjoys something different from each bag! I don't mind though as he eats it all :) especially the science selective biscuits but I wouldn't like feeding those as an only diet.

Thanks, Leonard has harry hamster and although he eats pretty much all of it I was thinking of adding syrian superhamster, just to add a bit more variety maybe? Also I've not been removing anything from the harry hamster but should I be taking the sweet corn and alfalfa pellets (are those the black pellety thing?:oops: ) out? Sorry for the questions but Leonard's my first Syrian and I want his diet to be good.

Thanks, Leonard has harry hamster and although he eats pretty much all of it I was thinking of adding syrian superhamster, just to add a bit more variety maybe? Also I've not been removing anything from the harry hamster but should I be taking the sweet corn and alfalfa pellets (are those the black pellety thing?:oops: ) out? Sorry for the questions but Leonard's my first Syrian and I want his diet to be good.

The alfalfa bits are the tube shaped black bits yeah, they're probably ok but Apollo ignores them and I think they're high in something but I can't remember what :lol: and sweet corn, I think it is the same as rabbits digestion wise so I take them out.

The Supahamster is really good, I think that has sweet corn in too but only a few bits:)

Back