• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay and food to last weekend

lillylau

Warren Scout
Ok I am going to look at some buns tonight all being well is the food below ok for tonight and sunday if I get the rabbit, both are from asda as p@h will be closed tonight and a far to go tomorrow with out the car, car back on monday
little friends meadow hay and Harringtons Optimum Rabbit Food any good ?

They can have any hay so that's fine but you need to know what diet they are on at the moment, which brand of pellets or muesli and gradually change them over if you're not happy with it.

Where are you getting them from? They should give you some food to take home with them as you can't just chop and change a rabbits diet, it needs to be slowly.

thank you very much I will make sure I get some food, and change them slowly. thats if I get one as only going to look.

Oh I bet you do get one!!

Make sure you get enough to last you the weekend and buy some more of what they are on. If you are going to change them over just do 1/4 of the new food mixed with the new food the first week, half and half the second and then 3/4 of new third week. If you notice any uneaten ceacal, which is their smelly poop which looks like grapes and you shouldn't see, then cut back the new food.

Depending on what they are on and how easy it is to get and how healthy it is, then I would keep them on that for a while as it's stressful for a rabbit to settle into a new home, so I would wait a little while before changing it. Like I say you can get it any type of hay, meadow or timothy. Some prefer one over the other.

Back