• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fussy buns! I'm not having it!! :p

Ailstar

Mama Doe
So ever since I've had Levi and daisy I've made a point to feed them as many different types of hay as possible to avoid fussiness and as I know different types do different things for teeth wear. They have so far had Timothy hay, meadow hay, Italian gold ryegrass and ings. The last few days they have had the courser rye grass in their run and they have demolished it. I was very pleased. Then yesterday I switched them to their meadow hay for a change and i came home from work to find it had barely been touched. Unimpressed! I thought I better give them some rye grass before I went to my Pilates class and low and behold when I got back they had eaten at least half of what I had given them an hour earlier! I'm sensing fussiness here and I will not have it! Lol! They have eaten plenty of meadow hay in the past, so I don't know why they have taken a disliking to it. Aside from anything else I don't like them changing their mind like this, as it means I'm out all day and they technically are eating very little! Which isn't good for their tums!

Haha. True :) tonight I decided to try and combat this phase by putting three different types in their hayrack, that way they have to like at least one, surely!!

Back