• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Max trapped his foot in the door :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
The balcony door swung closed as my OH opened a window and trapped Maxs foot :( It was only open a few inches originally and I caught it at the last minute so it didn't fully close on him but definitely caught it :(

He's putting his weight on it ok, walking on it and he had a wash with it, but when standing still he's holding it up :cry:

My vets are closed now, is this an emergency? I'm thinking not but I don't want him to be in pain :(

He's eating fine, munching hay as I type.

His poor little foot :cry:

If it were one of my Buns I'd administer a dose of Metacam and also check the foot for obvious tenderness/swelling.

If it were one of my Buns I'd administer a dose of Metacam and also check the foot for obvious tenderness/swelling.

Thanks Jane. I don't have any Metacam in unfortunately :(

I haven't checked it yet as I didn't want to mess with it straight away incase it hurt. I'll have a look in a mo.

He seems to be putting it down more now.

Poor Max, hope his is better soon. That is the only worry with them inside. I sleep more lightly now incase OH gets up and accidently treads on Mr B in the middle of the night.

Ouch! :( If he's putting weight on it then I'd think it was just bruised and keep an eye on him if he's happy and eating. Hope he'll be OK xx

Thanks guys :)

He doesn't seem to be holding it up atall now and is being naughty and annoying me as usual ;)

I'll be keeping a very close eye on him. Hopefully it's just a bit bruised.

Aww...poor Max. The OH's seem to be having a tough time with windows and doors on the forum this weekend. :(
Bless him, I hope his foot will be okay. Thinking of you. xxxx

Aww...poor Max. The OH's seem to be having a tough time with windows and doors on the forum this weekend. :(
Bless him, I hope his foot will be okay. Thinking of you. xxxx

Very true :lol: My OH was absolutely gutted about it so I couldn't tell him off.

Max is right as rain this morning, no signs of having a sore foot atall :D

Back