• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with free range and have their own bunny rooms

PrincessPomPom

Warren Scout
What do you do with them when you have to clean? I Hoover up the hay once a week so I have to put the girls in their travel box and put them on the next room because I don't want to frighten them and the carrier is so they don't pee on my bed :lol: what does everyone else do with their rabbits when they have to Hoover or whatever

They don't make a lot of mess really :lol: I sweep up around Leo and Kerbie and hoover Poppy's rug when it needs it but she has blankets on it that get changed every week. None of them are bothered by the hoover though, especially Leo as he's deaf.

Olly isn't that bothered by the hoover but we usually put him in another room while we hoover his room so he doesn't eat the vacuum cable (which he did do, so learnt from that one :roll: )

I do tent to hoover a lot less than before we got him though, so my flat looks like a barn most of the time, hay gets everywhere!

I just hoover, Buster quite likes the hoover he likes to chew it, he even has a nosey at the sucking pipe when its on! Alfie just keeps out the way of it, I hoover everyday so they are used to it :wave:

We just hoover and keep an eye on them to make sure they're not chewing the cable. Mostly they don't really like it and run away, but sometimes they start to look a bit too interested...

I could Hoover Harvey and he wouldn't care less, Lilly sticks to a distance of about a foot and sometimes will go into her hutch for a bit of security but overall really isn't bothered! I try to Hoover every 2-4 days, but they do share the living room with us so it's a bit different to them having a room that is purely a rabbit room!

I hoover every day and bun usually keeps out of the way. He did nearly get sucked up the end of the pipe one day as he suddenly shot over to it :lol: when we got a new hoover with a different noise he was scared for all of two days but now fine. As long as they can run away from it no need to move them. My bun would be much more scared if confined to a cage if he couldn't get away from the noise.

We have them downstairs on the evenings anyway so while I clean out their room there downstairs with hubby. Neither of them are to bothered by the Hoover anyway, they just get in the way! :lol:

I just hoover, harveys totally free range when im home but hevhates ig and hides and hes dam good at it for a large bunny too, he gets in some really tiny spaces, hecsort of concertinas himself in to a ball :lol:

Boris shared my room free ranging, and I used to just hoover around him, at first I got some one else to sit on my bed so he'd go join them and he could have cuddles whilst I hoovered but he really wasn't bothered and was usually lied on my bed and stayed there or in his litter tray. I changed from carpet to lino though so my room would be cleaner so I just swept up bits of hay or picked them up easily then hoovered at least once a week. Although when I needed to do a big clean Boris would be moved into the bathroom as it is also bun proof and secure in there.

I could Hoover Harvey and he wouldn't care less, Lilly sticks to a distance of about a foot and sometimes will go into her hutch for a bit of security but overall really isn't bothered! I try to Hoover every 2-4 days, but they do share the living room with us so it's a bit different to them having a room that is purely a rabbit room!

That made me laugh so much! My three aren't bothered by the hoover any more at all, and although they don't have their own rooms, when I hoover around their cages, Blueberry likes to stick his nose through to have a look and I've accidentally hoovered him a couple of times as his fur is so long and the dyson just sucks it up :shock: No harms comes to him, I immediately switch the hoover off and he just sits there looking at me, wondering what all the fuss is about :lol:

Back