• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Dh has been shunned

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
My rabbits have a nightly routine thats done everyday.

Last night for the first time since school break up i had to do the kids activities so couldn't do it. So dh did it instead. I get the bun's in then give them a few little forage bits as a treat. Belle and Bramble were fine with dh. Buster and Brownie would not go near him. They just sat in the corner scowling at him and thumping. They wouldn't take the treats or move. I came back and they were fine with me took the treats, nose rubs and where climbing all over me.

Poor Dh is now feeling very unloved by my boys. Any ideas on how i can get them to trust dh more.

My rabbits have a nightly routine thats done everyday.

Last night for the first time since school break up i had to do the kids activities so couldn't do it. So dh did it instead. I get the bun's in then give them a few little forage bits as a treat. Belle and Bramble were fine with dh. Buster and Brownie would not go near him. They just sat in the corner scowling at him and thumping. They wouldn't take the treats or move. I came back and they were fine with me took the treats, nose rubs and where climbing all over me.

Poor Dh is now feeling very unloved by my boys. Any ideas on how i can get them to trust dh more.

Aw, bless him, I would get him to sit very quietly in their space with some treats. Buns are very nosy so will come up to him before long and he can very slowly had feed them, it wont take long and once done a few times they will know that dh = treats and nose rubs too :)

Also do you normally do the buns in that order? Just thinking the boys may not have liked the residual smells of the others if you normally do them first.

He did it the same way i do. I think they are just not used to him anymore. He used to do evenings twice a week with no issues. They used to take treats from him before the hoildays.

Will get him to spend more time with them. Maybe do every other day. They just know mummy equals treats and noserubs.

Back