• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bittersweet

RavenMoon

Mama Doe
Tomorrow Pooka goes in for her spay, and 6 weeks after she will be bonded back to the boys. It was smooth the first time around, nobody is food aggressive and they've still had time with each other etc since I split them. But I'm feeling a bit sad about it.

Pooka has been in our bedroom since the split, with a puppy pen. Whenever I move she runs up to the bars for attention, if she isn't fed quickly enough she jumps out and runs around your feet, I can hear her binkying in the night and she will sit on the bed for cuddles. I feel very strongly bonded to her and really hope I can retain some level of that even when she's back with the boys. I've just had a lovely half hour, me propped up on the bed with some pillows, her laying relaxed across my stomach/chest getting stroked, purring, grooming me back and her falling asleep and me in a half doze. :love:

I just know she won't need me as much when she's back with them, but it would be selfish of me not to bond her back, especially since we first got a third to bond into a trio in case anything ever happened to either of them. But I'm allowed to be a bit mopey about it.

You certainly are! Will they be living outside? Do they have a shed that you can sit in with them? Really hope the bond goes well and that you dont loose your lovely bond with her.

You certainly are! Will they be living outside? Do they have a shed that you can sit in with them? Really hope the bond goes well and that you dont loose your lovely bond with her.

They're inside, just downstairs in the living room, so i can still sit down there with the ipad (all other electronics barring the electric fireplace which we didn't have a choice about are barred from the room :lol:).

Back