• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling sorry for Harley

Fellie

Warren Veteran
I think Harley is happy - hard to tell though. She is bonded with Bobo who is lovely but can be the most aggressive, grumpiest thing at feeding time - and ALWAYS grunts and chases after Harley when I bring breakfast and their evening snack. I try and be sneaky and put down his food first and then once his back is turned - I give Harley her bowl but he gets so excited he really has a good go at her. I don't know if he is actually biting her - I haven't seen any grey fur pulled out but still. And then after breakfast he turns back into his normal smoodgy self, demanding some grooming off her.

I think she still adores him like she always has done - but I do feel for her sometimes. I cannot offer her any additional strokes or cuddles - she hates being touched by humans but I do check her over every day to make sure she is not underweight (under all that hair it's hard to tell by looking) and I check for any bite marks but she seems healthy enough in that aspect anyway. She seems happy enough when she comes out for a run - lots of energy and binkies as normal. But I almost feel guilty - as though I've arranged a marriage for her with a nice enough bloke on the surface but prone to aggression - and I wouldn't want that for anyone, never mind my baby girl. I just can't tell though if she IS happy. And what to do about it if she isn't.

It's strange - with the other buns, I can more or less tell with them, what is going on - happy, naughty, stubborn, guilty, sulky, moody, angry - but with her it's difficult. But I love her to bits - and just want the best for her. I just feel so sorry for her sometimes...and like I've let her down somehow. :roll::(

Back