• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What boots for winter do people have?!

andy5898

Warren Scout
Bit of a random topic. But............ I am getting ready for a wet, cold winter well wet at least I just wondered what boots do people have for going out with the bunnies in all weathers. I have got hunter boots at the minute but thinking of going for Neoprene ones does anyone have any and do they really keep you feet warm?

Ta

I just stick my trainers or boots on as usual. You could get some snow boots, they stay warm and dry. I want some! :lol:

I have a pair of walking boots, and some leather boots from H&M. I'm surprised at the quality, to be honest! Just whatever with decent grip :)

A pair of these (karrimor snow boots), they are amazing!

Totally waterproof up to the grey bit, and the grey bit was also waterproof until recently (after about 2yrs), they have a sole like walking boots so they are grippy when its snowy/icey and they are completely fleece lined so they are SUPER WARM and sooo comfortable and cosy!

They were about £30 from sports direct :thumb:

794181.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have a single pair of boots but I really want some! We don't need them here, I usually just use flip flops year round when going outside to do the pet stuff.

Avoid Hunters.
They have recently reduced the rubber content of their wellies in order to increase profits. 2 friends stupidly bought a pair and both pairs spilit within 6 month.

The Karrimor boots sound decent looking at their product specs.

Tecnica Moon Boots are very good.
http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/B/Or..._Boots_Apres-Ski_Snow_Winter_Boots-(570).aspx
But only the original Tecnica, not the cheap fakes.

I have had these Sorel boots for 5 years and they kept my feet dry and warm no matter what.
http://www.sorel.com/on/demandware....ite/default/mProduct-Show?pid=NL1631&start=12
But I don't know if their shoes are still the same quality as shoe manufacturers change the quality from season to season depending on what profit margins they want to get.
(I work in fashion apparel)

Ecco own the entire production process and tend to produce consistly high quality shoes.
http://www.ecco-shoes.co.uk/Womens-...ar--Hill-Cliff-Moon-Rock/Ice-W./D.Blue/Marine

Avoid Clarks, their quality has gone down hill rapidly recently and lots of people have had problems with their shoes.

You can also find good quality wellies at farm supply shops.

Last edited:
I have a pair of timberlands (wearing them in this pic) which I wear all year round. :oops: In winter I just take out the extra insole I put in for the summer and wear them with thicker socks.

They're lovely and warm, super comfortable once you've broken them in a bit and are reasonably waterproof (you can walk through a river in them, but you can't stand around in the river).

They come in a bunch of different colours as well. :thumb:

Back