• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Shawshank Redemption

Came to mind this morning :lol:

Day 3 of going into the bunny shed to see two bunnies huddled in a corner looking sheepish and looking at me in that "just leave the food and go, nothing to see here" way...

I decided I ought to give them both a thorough check over. I know that the temperature has changed, and they have seemed fine in their run and in their shed when I have peeped in, but just to be sure, as they usually come hopping and nudging and dancing at breakfast time.

I checked Willow first, who after putting up some resistance, thumped at me and shot down the runaround tunnel. Which left the larger, Lilly. I scooped her up and was thoroughly engaged in stroking her and checking her teeth/bum/ears/tummy (all the usuals) when she turned her head and my eyes were drawn to the corner of the shed. Or, should I say, the former corner of the shed! :shock:

Little ******* have been working on it and, in the absence of a large poster, been huddling together to cover up their "activity" :roll: Naughty little bunnies! :love: Now have a hole to repair. Was hoping they wouldn't start attacking the shed ahead of hubby getting round to ply lining it in October half term. They are now in their run, looking at me as though they have NO IDEA how the hole got there! They have even stored the bits of wood they have been chewing off underneath one of the litter trays (thought it was odd that they had moved it). Master criminals. :lol:

Puppy panels. Until October half term. Naughty rabbits. Hiding the bits too. Amazing.

This is brilliant. I know just what you mean. That 'butter wouldn't melt' look. My two have perfected it in a surprisingly short space of time!!

Crazy thing is, instead of feeling cross at the chewing I felt guilty that they felt the need to escape. As if a 6x4 playhouse, 16ft of burrow pipe and an 8ft run wasn't enough :D Puppy panels in. No doubt I have missed a secret trap door they have constructed in the floor and hidden with their hay and toys. Or some kind of man trap devised to suck me in and tilt the pellet tub forwards into their bowl, a bit like a scene from Wallace and Grommit :lol:

Starting to fear for my safety :lol: and wondering what they are cooking up in there this afternoon (all is suspiciously quiet)...

Crazy thing is, instead of feeling cross at the chewing I felt guilty that they felt the need to escape. As if a 6x4 playhouse, 16ft of burrow pipe and an 8ft run wasn't enough :D Puppy panels in. No doubt I have missed a secret trap door they have constructed in the floor and hidden with their hay and toys. Or some kind of man trap devised to suck me in and tilt the pellet tub forwards into their bowl, a bit like a scene from Wallace and Grommit :lol:

Starting to fear for my safety :lol: and wondering what they are cooking up in there this afternoon (all is suspiciously quiet)...

Don't feel guilty. However much space they have they seem to need to test the boundaries and see what they can get through. Hopefully their escape plan was through a nicer tunnel than the Shawshank one. I feel sick every time I watch it!

Back