• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Picked up Gemma's ashes today

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I've been working long hours so hadn't picked Gemma's ashes up and as I knew I would be passing nearby today when I collected Violet I arranged to call in and get them. Until Friday when I get paid, I have no money to get any more petrol so I am having to be very careful.

It felt a bit odd having Violet in the carrier and Gemma's ashes on the front seat together (my car only has two seats) but I did chat to Gemma a lot about George being lonely in the time we had together before she was cremated.

I feel really conflicted today. I am upset and sad that my gorgeous Gemma is now only ashes and a little fur that the undertaker cut off for me but I am also pleased that Violet seems such a lovely bunny and that George will hopefully soon be more himself again.

I have all the boxes of ashes in a drawer in my filing cabinet (they were on a shelf in my study but I thought they may freak out my clients) but I can't put Gemma in there yet so she is sitting on my desk.

I just hope Gemma understands that I am not replacing her - nobun could do that - and that I still love her very much.

This probably makes no sense at all but I needed to write down how I am feeling.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm sure she would be pleased that George is getting a new partner.

She'll always be with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: I'm sure she knows you aren't replacing her, you are giving George a friend in Violet so he won't be alone. Hope George and Violet are a nice easy bond for you :D sending hugs xx

I'm sure Gemma would just want you and George to be happy. Our animal friends know when they are loved so deeply, Im sure of it.

I remember Feeling similar when I picked up Tillys ashes 2 months after she died (it was a particularly snowy winter and the crematory couldn't get into the valley) We had adopted Mimi by then as a friend for Timmy. I remember I got her ashes home and just cried and cried :cry:

I picked up Lunas ashes a couple of weeks ago - and managed to get home and then just balled my eyes out just wishing we could have saved her. But I am also pleased now that she is home with us and we have put her in a lovely silver box that I've had for years but had nothing in it. The box is in the display cabinet. I still talk to her and tell her how her sister is doing.

Back