• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Levi, the rabbit who loves to lick!

Ailstar

Mama Doe
Levi has just sat on my lap for cuddles and proceeded to lick every available bit of my skin he can reach. It started with my face, that got a thorough clean, all over, forehead included. But he wasn't finished, oh no. Next he turned his attention to my hands (both of them), he was even nibbling the ends of my fingers (it didn't hurt, it was quite nice actually), then my wrists, then back to my face and...well I'm sure you get the drift. I find it hilarious that he does this, and I love that I can happily leave my hands just lying around feeling entirely confident that he isn't going to bite me. Sometimes I think I've got a little bunny who thinks he's a dog, he's just so loving, :) I'd love to know if he'd lick anyone he can get near or if its just me!

My mum has commented all this week about how excited Levi and daisy both get when I come home from work, they do run over to the door as soon as they see me, but I think it's mainly because they know its treat time!

Awwww, this brings back nice memories of Dexter, he used to lick any part of bare skin he could reach. I don't know if he would have done it with anyone else though, I never ever let anyone else anywhere near him :lol:

Your bunnies are so cute btw, they're two of my favourites on this site :love:

Awwww, this brings back nice memories of Dexter, he used to lick any part of bare skin he could reach. I don't know if he would have done it with anyone else though, I never ever let anyone else anywhere near him :lol:

Your bunnies are so cute btw, they're two of my favourites on this site :love:

Aww thanks :) they have grown up a bit now but they are just as cute! Your two little fluff balls are beyond cute too, I don't think I've ever seen such fluffy bunnies!

I'm the only one who handles/spends time with Levi on a regular basis so I doubt he would lick them, he didn't start licking me until a few weeks ago (I was so excited when he licked my nose for the first time, because I knew what it meant!) but I'd quite like to prove my theory just so i know for sure that I'm special! :)

It's very sweet isn't it? Samantha likes to lick my fingers and she has to lick each one in turn, front and back, and then go back and start again. I am not allowed to move or I get nudged. (I know my place).
Whereas Truffles will only acknowledge my hand if there's the possibility of it containing food, she would certainly never deign to lick me!

Aww thanks :) they have grown up a bit now but they are just as cute! Your two little fluff balls are beyond cute too, I don't think I've ever seen such fluffy bunnies!

I'm the only one who handles/spends time with Levi on a regular basis so I doubt he would lick them, he didn't start licking me until a few weeks ago (I was so excited when he licked my nose for the first time, because I knew what it meant!) but I'd quite like to prove my theory just so i know for sure that I'm special! :)

Your Levi looks quite fluffy, is he a mini lion lop and Daisy a mini lop? Sorry if you've already posted this before, I've half a feeling I've seen it. How old are they? I'm hoping my two stay this fluffy as I love it, but we just realised my OH is allergic to them :( so I suppose it would be good if they ended up being less fluffy when they're grown up, like my Slipper.

I didn't know what was going off when Dex started licking me, I was used to bunnies biting me, growling at me, running away from me, stamping their feet at me etc etc, it took me ages to work out it was because he liked me :love: and I was thrilled when I saw a post on here a few weeks ago confirming they lick you because they love you.

Blueberry licked me when I first met him at 4 weeks old :love: that's how I knew I had to have him. He follows me everywhere now it's so cute, but I feel so guilty if I'm just walking past the cage to get something as I hate ignoring him, but if I fussed him everytime he did that, I'd spend my entire life standing there fussing them. Badger has also licked me a couple of times since I got them home, I've had both of them licking a hand each at the same time before, it was lovely :love: I adore them :D

It's very sweet isn't it? Samantha likes to lick my fingers and she has to lick each one in turn, front and back, and then go back and start again. I am not allowed to move or I get nudged. (I know my place).
Whereas Truffles will only acknowledge my hand if there's the possibility of it containing food, she would certainly never deign to lick me!

That's exactly the technique Levi used. Except it extended to my whole hand, fingers, palm etc. very cute :) he isn't a big one got nose bumps/nudges. Daisy does those, and she has never once licked me, though she does fall asleep on me, so I'm obviously not too bad!

Your Levi looks quite fluffy, is he a mini lion lop and Daisy a mini lop? Sorry if you've already posted this before, I've half a feeling I've seen it. How old are they? I'm hoping my two stay this fluffy as I love it, but we just realised my OH is allergic to them :( so I suppose it would be good if they ended up being less fluffy when they're grown up, like my Slipper.

I didn't know what was going off when Dex started licking me, I was used to bunnies biting me, growling at me, running away from me, stamping their feet at me etc etc, it took me ages to work out it was because he liked me :love: and I was thrilled when I saw a post on here a few weeks ago confirming they lick you because they love you.

Blueberry licked me when I first met him at 4 weeks old :love: that's how I knew I had to have him. He follows me everywhere now it's so cute, but I feel so guilty if I'm just walking past the cage to get something as I hate ignoring him, but if I fussed him everytime he did that, I'd spend my entire life standing there fussing them. Badger has also licked me a couple of times since I got them home, I've had both of them licking a hand each at the same time before, it was lovely :love: I adore them :D

Levi is a single mane lion lop and daisy is a mini lop. They have the same dad but a different mum. :) I have a feeling boys do tend to lose at least some of their fluffiness as once I'd chose my them I did research lion lops/lionheads and people only tend to show the boys when they are young as they lose their manes when they get older. I just hope Levi is an exception to the rule!

My two are awful for that when they are in their run, if they see me coming they run to the door and start running around like mad things, obviously wanting attention/treats. I can't get anything done, I was trying to sort out their litter tray when I got home from work and was being distracted by their cuteness!

Badger and Blueberry sound like they love you to pieces. Lucky you :) I'd love to have house bunnies but I think I'd be constantly on edge about what they were doing (I.e chewing!)

Back