• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Licky bunny suddenly biting

bunkin

Warren Veteran
Bun has been a housebun for past year and he is a very licky bunny who loves to groom me in particular and licks my arms and legs.
He has never ever bitten in the 3 years we have had him ( he is now eight).
For the past week whenever he is licking me after a time he will suddenly nip me. Up to today it has been a very slight nip with not even a mark on my skin but today he suddenly grabbed my skirt and his tooth went into my leg.
I have no idea why he has suddenly started doing this as nothing has changed at all.
As he licks he licks faster and faster and seems a bit manic and this is when he does the nipping.
Any ideas anyone as I don't want to stop him licking me as he enjoys it, he will folow me and jump up at me to get me to sit on the floor but if he continues to nip and draw blood I will have to stop.

I believe a sudden change in behaviour could be a sign of pain but I'm no expert

Otherwise I'd be making sure that whenever he nips, make a sudden sound and move him away, hopefully he'll catch on that it's unacceptable behaviour, it might deter his licking though

Sure its not pain with him as he is totally his normal self. My husband said he has done it in the past to him but only rarely so its not as I thought totally new! He is at vets tomorrow for nail clipping so will get him checked anyway.

Back