• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why can't they live forever?

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
:(

S7301045.jpg

Ah they were so lovely. I would love Doughnut to live my life time. If they lived forever I would worry what would happen to her when I died though. I always think when I'm a lot older I wouldn't have a pet as would worry too much.

If our buns lived forever there would be no angels :love:

I love that!

Many years ago when my dog was pts, and I was struggling to come to terms with it, someone told me to think of animals as being lent to us to help us through our life on earth. As with all things that are lent - we must look after them as best as we can, but one day their true owner will want them back. I often think of Tania as having to go back to her true owner - who in turn has 'lent' me more creatures to look after and to help me through this time on earth.

Sounds a bit wacky but it does help me when it gets to me that we have to let them go. All we are doing is returning them back to their rightful place as they have done their job and now deserve to be at peace.

I love that!

Many years ago when my dog was pts, and I was struggling to come to terms with it, someone told me to think of animals as being lent to us to help us through our life on earth. As with all things that are lent - we must look after them as best as we can, but one day their true owner will want them back. I often think of Tania as having to go back to her true owner - who in turn has 'lent' me more creatures to look after and to help me through this time on earth.

Sounds a bit wacky but it does help me when it gets to me that we have to let them go. All we are doing is returning them back to their rightful place as they have done their job and now deserve to be at peace.

Animals really do so much for us, and this makes it even more heart wrenching when you see them not being cared for. If spirit guides exist they come to us in the form of animals, I mean how often do we hear someone say they wouldn't be alive if it were not for their pets?

I'm so sorry you lost them, they look beautiful in that pic :love:

I really really like this idea, I'm going to try and remember it in future :D

I love that!

I agree with this. And I also feel that the animal companions we have loved dearly may come back to us in other forms. I have had so many that had personalities eerily similar to previous ones. There have always been animals in my life but now as I'm getting older I find it will probably be necessary for me not to have any more. It just gets too hard to say goodbye over and over again. :cry:

(((((((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))))))))) for you. They certainly were beautiful bunnies. I'm sure they are watching over you because our little furry guardian angels on earth continue to be angels at the Bridge. xxxx

I love that!

That is a lovely thought, I also like to think that they move on when they are ready for the chance of another pet to know a loving home

Back