• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How long does fur on the ears take to grow back?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
After it has been shaved during admission?

Biscuits ears look rediculous, so was curious!

Hiya :wave:

I hope Biscuit is doing well xxxx

When my Cadbury had half her ear removed the area near the wound took around 2 months to get fur coming back. It has now grown enough to disguise the wound area.

Cupcake had mites and I was convinced that I must have given her the wrong treatment because her ears stayed bald for about 2 and a half months! The fur has just started growing back :)

I hope Biscuit gets better real soon.

Our Daisy had a hip operation last Thursday and her right hip/thigh was shaved. I'm sitting in the pen with her right now having a browse on here and seeing your thread.

I've just checked her leg and noticed some fur has started to grow back. The fur is definitely coming back as I can see its started to cover the wound where the vet made the cut.

My Daisy's fur is also starting to grow back after her spay less than a week ago. I've been checking it every day and its definitely starting to look fluffier again.

My Flopsy had to have his ear shaved when he had blood done , Took almost two months to start to grow back and still now after three months the patch is noticeable.

not sure. matt had a little wound on his ear a while back and it healed well but he never grew any fur back there so he had a bald spot bless him. :love:

I think Doughnut was last under ga about 4 months ago, it's so hard to remember since she has been in and out of hospital so much. I can still notice her ear. She hasn't moulted again yet though so maybe when she gets her winter coat it will get better. It isn't a bad but I can still see it.

Hope Biscuit is OK now and you are all friends again.

Alfie had both his ears shaved when he had his leg pinned a few years ago (along with his leg being shaved obviously :lol:). I don't remember exact timescales but I remember the fur on his leg started regrowing within a couple of weeks yet the fur on his ears took much much longer.

Back