• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't stop thinking about...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
ED3D7B17-8A32-4D10-9D99-7B5A6C731CE1-76043-00004427038CD2D4_zps5fb7dca7.jpg

This little guy :(

Following on from this thread... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?400554-A-good-sign

I wish I could take him but he's 4yrs old, won't be neutered and it would mean keeping him indoors all winter as it would be too cold to move him out by the time he'd recover from a neuter. And since I sold my old hutch I don't have anywhere outdoors. Suppose u can't help them all :cry: just really hope someone knowledgable comes along or they go to rescue. I know rescues r overflowing but at least they'd find them decent homes.

Gorgeous little fella xxxxxx

It's hard to see isn't it :(

I really can't take anymore but so wish I could :(

Gorgeous little fella xxxxxx

It's hard to see isn't it :(

I really can't take anymore but so wish I could :(

I know, I just feel like I've looked at him all the times I've visited and felt so sorry for him. How he looks in that picture is how he has looked every time I've seen him, just sat there no life in him :cry: its so sad. I just keep thinking I want to give him the life he deserves and show him what he's been missing :( Im taking myself into it but I know I really shouldn't. There's no guarantee he'd bond, but I feel like Heidi and Dash might accept another. I don't think he'd be any threat, he's a tiny little thing, and H&D aren't a particularly closely bonded pair so I don't think there's be any jealousy. But obviously its all ifs and buts! I really cannot have another separate set up! And of course then he'd need a girlfriend!!

Couldn't sleep last night thinking about this little rabbit! Trying to figure out how I could make it work :roll: but where does it end?! That's what my mum said when I got Heidi - there'll always be ones u want to rescue but u can't rescue them all :( I don't regret getting Heidi for a minute though, when I think about what she was like when I got her and how she is now I feel so proud and happy for her that I was able to give her a chance and a decent life. But I was adamant I was having no more pets now! My head is saying no but my heart says go and get him and show him a good life...

I know just how you feel. I ended up with 7 buns that way but I don't regret it at all. It can be hard work but at least I haven't had to worry about what has happened to them after I first met them.

I get so much pleasure from seeing their little faces everyday and the way that they are all so different from each other.

Think about the real logistics and whether you could have this bun bonded with yours. I have 3 buns living together and on the whole there are no problems - just the occasional squabble that comes to very little. Your two have a lovely set up and maybe this little one could just fit in :D

Maybe I shouldn't be encouraging you.....

I know, I just feel like I've looked at him all the times I've visited and felt so sorry for him. How he looks in that picture is how he has looked every time I've seen him, just sat there no life in him :cry: its so sad. I just keep thinking I want to give him the life he deserves and show him what he's been missing :( Im taking myself into it but I know I really shouldn't. There's no guarantee he'd bond, but I feel like Heidi and Dash might accept another. I don't think he'd be any threat, he's a tiny little thing, and H&D aren't a particularly closely bonded pair so I don't think there's be any jealousy. But obviously its all ifs and buts! I really cannot have another separate set up! And of course then he'd need a girlfriend!!

I feel very similarly about a bunny who looks just like this little guy! Thankfully the bunny I'm totally in love with is already in rescue, I did enquire about him before but then decided the timing wasn't right... He's still there and I'm getting more and more tempted to adopt him! The only thing stopping me is the fact that he might not bond, but like you I'm convinced my pair would accept another bunny.

It's so hard isn't it!

I feel very similarly about a bunny who looks just like this little guy! Thankfully the bunny I'm totally in love with is already in rescue, I did enquire about him before but then decided the timing wasn't right... He's still there and I'm getting more and more tempted to adopt him! The only thing stopping me is the fact that he might not bond, but like you I'm convinced my pair would accept another bunny.

It's so hard isn't it!

I know, its horrible, especially as I was convinced I could bond Heidi with my original pair and it just didn't work so I ended up getting Dash and thankfully I managed to bond them into a pair, although it wasn't easy but in a way I think both those bonding experiences have made me feel more confident that I could do it. Now I realise Summer and Skye were just too closely bonded to accept another but Heidi and Dash get along but they're not 'inseparable' they seem very independent of each other, where Summer and Skye always stick together. And now they have so much space with their set up I'm sure that would make it easier for another to join them. I'm going to wait a few weeks and then go and see him, and see how I feel then. I can't go yet cos I'm not prepared and I don't want to want to just take him! I would also worry that he may have health issues having not been living in the best conditions for the last 4 years :( I avoid looking at rescue sites and pets at home now so its not likely that I'd keep seeing bunnies I 'need' to rescue!! :roll: Not sure my mum would agree :lol: but I feel like its fate as I've felt sorry for this rabbit for years, recently emailed a complaint to them and then they go up for sale! I feel like I did with Heidi, that he needs me. I kind of get that pull....

I think I can see where this is heading, good luck on telling your mum:D

If you keep thinking about him then maybe it is meant to be, just don't look at any more!!

I know, its horrible, especially as I was convinced I could bond Heidi with my original pair and it just didn't work so I ended up getting Dash and thankfully I managed to bond them into a pair, although it wasn't easy but in a way I think both those bonding experiences have made me feel more confident that I could do it. Now I realise Summer and Skye were just too closely bonded to accept another but Heidi and Dash get along but they're not 'inseparable' they seem very independent of each other, where Summer and Skye always stick together. And now they have so much space with their set up I'm sure that would make it easier for another to join them. I'm going to wait a few weeks and then go and see him, and see how I feel then. I can't go yet cos I'm not prepared and I don't want to want to just take him! I would also worry that he may have health issues having not been living in the best conditions for the last 4 years :( I avoid looking at rescue sites and pets at home now so its not likely that I'd keep seeing bunnies I 'need' to rescue!! :roll: Not sure my mum would agree :lol: but I feel like its fate as I've felt sorry for this rabbit for years, recently emailed a complaint to them and then they go up for sale! I feel like I did with Heidi, that he needs me. I kind of get that pull....

Ah see at least you're doing it the right way and being sensible, I'm moving into a new house and I'm replacing all the bunny's set ups, so I've just emailed the owner of the rescue with a few questions about the bunny.

I just want him :(

Sometimes that 'pull' is a sign that its meant to be. When you just can't close your heart to something.

I'm inclined to agree! Well like I said I'm leaving it a couple of weeks and if he's still there I'll c how I feel. I'm sure I can put something together for him in the spare room for the winter. It might not be ideal but u can be sure it will be a million times better than what he's used to! I just keep imagining him hopping around happy instead of looking like he does in that photo :(

Back