• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your bunnies names and why?

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
Hiya :wave:

I was wondering what your bunnies names were and why they're named that. Guess I'm being nosey as I've come across some unusual names whilst I've been on here and was wondering if there was a story behind it. I'm also guessing people may be wondering why I have a rabbit called Slipper :lol:

So I'll start with her.
My ex bought Slipper for me the day after Dexy was pts as I was inconsolable and couldn't stop crying and he didn't know what to do with me and thought another bunny would cheer me up. As a baby and a dwarf lop x lionhead, she was very fluffy and as I was in too much of a state to think of a name, she was nicknamed Slipper until she got a real name. It's taken me so long to recover from losing Dexy, it's stuck.

Badger & Blueberry - Blueberry is a BEW mini lion lop and I wanted a blue themed name. I really wanted Sapphire, but he turned out to be a boy so I went for Blueberry as my OH said we already have a bunny with gender issues (Slipper was sold as a girl who has turned out to be a boy, but I can't get out of the habit of referring to her as a girl :oops:).
Badger looks very similar to Dex, the only difference is he has lop ears and a black stripe on his spine. Other than that, they could be twins. I was considering Patch for Dex until we chose Dexter and Patch didn't seem to fit this little one. Plus I wanted a name that went with Blueberry and then badger hit me. Because he's black and white! I know a few of you were helping me with name suggestions for these guys before I got them and I really appreciated the suggestions and was going to use some of them. But these names stuck, so here we are.

Frosty and Snowflake cos they came to me last november and have quite a lot of white on them.

Mottle and Peaches cos of their colours/markings. (Used to be Monty and Beatrice).

Tessie and Daisy cos thats what they were already called and I liked them.

Edited to add Autumn and Sunshine my lovely belgian hares because Autumn is the colour of autumn leaves and Sunshine is such a cheerful rabbit.

Last edited:
Toffee because she is kind of that colour. I wanted to call her Honey but my other half wouldn't let me because his first Rat was called Honey :roll:

Socks already came as Socks as I adopted her. It suits her though and she does have little 'Socks' on her front paws :love:

Donny - Donnatello
Leo - Leonardo

..I wanted a teenage mutant ninja turtles theme as I had a robo hamster called April at the time!

Poppy - We didn't name her for 3 days and she just kept pooping (popping) everywhere so my mom decided on Poppy!

Lola - My sister said loads of names and Lola stuck!

Charlie Valentine - We had no idea if she was a boy or girl so my bf came up with the unisex name Charlie and I added Valentine :)

Kerbie - Didn't change his name when we adopted him from Fatfluffs, he looks like a Kerbie anyway :)

Bramble came as Bramble and it suits her, I usually call her Bambles though.
We changed Biff's name, he was called Mr Darcy, but we changed it to Big Foot, because his feet are big, and it gets shortened to Biffy. :)

Nibbles - when he was a baby he would nibble nibble nibble all the time. of course now he has no front teeth so he doesn't nibble much anymore!!!
Buttons - she has lots of little splodges on her
Jasper - it just suited him !!

Finx was from an accidental litter, I didn't know whether she was male or female for the first few days so it was Phoebe for a girl or Binks for a boy, and the combination we used in the meantime kind of stuck!

Tango was called Tango at the rescue, he's a little orange :)

Cadbury - cos she is a little brown button :D
Bessie - asked my Mum for a name and she likes Bessie
Lucky - because she was lucky to be alive at such a low body weight for a baby bun
Thomas - it was better than Tom or Jerry :roll:
Dylan - because we had Thomas already - Dylan Thomas and because of Dylan from the Magic Roundabout
Millie - it just suited her
Honey/Flopsy - we thought he was a girl so he was called Honey initially, then my OH called him Flopsy cos his ears flopped up and down when he run around :lol:

Daisy and Pip.....when you have a 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son, you don't get to choose. lol.

Cupcake because she's brown and white so reminds me of a cupcake with icing on it and because I have a bit of an obsession with baking :lol:

and because she's my little cupcake :love:

Bear - Because my husband said if we had another bunny he had to have a manly name (my last pet was called Tinkerbell) later that day we were watching Bear Grylls and decided it was perfect!

Alice - Because she looks like the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, she was nameless for AGES as she was Zealand at the rescue which is yucky, we tried loads of things before like Ruby, Mini and dot but nothing stuck till Alice and it suits her so much :love:

Beau was originally my friend's bunny and she named HER Miss Sophie Jingles. Then we took HER for the op and found out she was a HE so OH suggested Mr Beau Jangles as he likes the Robbie song.

Molly was named by my ex, then friend after a horse we knew. He later became a boy. :lol:

faline is fawn coloured like a deer, so she is Faline, which is bambi's girlfriend.

Twinkle my REW put a 'twinkle' back in to my bridge boy Tommys eye. She generally gets Twink or Twinkle Toes Nose:oops:

Ozzie used to be Ted but my daughter renamed him Ozzie when we rescued him.

Stanley because when we found him we didn't know what to call him so he got little man and it went on to become Stanley Manley and Stan the Man.

Thumper, betty, biscuit, fuffy and harvey all came with their names
harvest also adopted had no namecand the kids decided on harvest
frodo and bilbo where my daughters choice after a popular film
toothless, not cause she has no teeth but because shes midnight black like the dragon in the film how to train your dragon
donught cause I thats what I call thd kids when they are being daft and he has acdaft character always up to mischief getting in places he shouldn't, !
fred cause it sort of suited him hes now 9 love him and the last of my petvshop bought buns:oops:
thumper cause he proper thumps

I actually decided on the name before I saw Doughnut, just liked it and thought it was fun. When I saw her all round and sweet I thought it suited her anyway.

Levi: I really like old school biblical names, and it just felt 'right'. I made my mind up about it really quickly. (I also like Eli, but my auntie has a lab called Eli and I didn't want to copy!) he also gets 'little lee' and 'Levi the Pook'

Daisy: this took a lot more thought. I very nearly went with Tabitha (but thought this was a bit too cat sounding' and also Bramble and Rose. But Daisy it was. I call her Lady Daisy Boo :)

They both get the collective 'pookles' and 'pooks' I have no idea why, it just stuck! :)

Last edited:
Back