• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update - No poo (again!) Socks is being spayed today

Lemonade

Warren Scout
And Toffee was being spayed this time last week. It's too much for my bunny Mummy nerves! I know it's only a simple procedure but I worry, even more so today because Socks is such a nervous bun. Will make them aware when I take her in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Aww, good luck socks. Hope you've got plenty to occupy you today while you wait for news, my girls were done together and I was a nervous wreck, but the house got cleaned from top to bottom :lol:

Does my toddler count? Haha!

I'm also meeting a friend :D my two haven't met yet so they're going this alone :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I hope it goes well for Socks. Willow and Nettle are being spayed on Thursday, and I will be getting in lots of fresh herbs and willow as that's what tempted Samantha to eat last time.

Vibes for Socks.
Pooka is in on Friday. I'm getting the stuff she can eat out of the garden for her, baking treats on the Thursday and putting some into a lunchbox to take to the vets. And I'm making her a cushion tonight/tomorrow out of soft fabric. :lol: I sound like a nutter but I'm so anxious about it.

You don't sound like a nutter at all, it's an anxious time. Samantha was quite poorly last time so I'm rather anxious too to be going through it again. But I'm sure they will all be fine and instantly stop weeing in inappropriate places!

She's home and back in her hutch.

She's going to be a little harder to monitor as she's super quiet and only seems to eat when I'm not around anyway.

So, I've put some apple and nuggets in the hutch, plenty of hay and the carrot and herb (don't know what it is!!) that the vets gave her.

I cleaned her hutch so will be able to tell if she's gone to the toilet. Really hope she's OK in the morning. Some of you may know that when I bought her home a couple of weeks ago, she didn't poo for ages so I ended up back at the vets but she was fine in the end, we put it down to her being so anxious.

Sooooo... I'm going to leave her be overnight, I've just checked on her and she's as she has been recently so I will check her first thing. Fingers crossed she's eaten. Vets want to check on her in 3 days.

On the plus side, Toffee had her stitches out tonight and she's now happily running around the living room :D

Update - No Poo (again!)

Went to see Socks this morning and she was laying in exactly the same way as I left her last night and there is no evidence of the normal amount of poo but she has peed.

Before everyone panics, some of you may remember that I had this problem when she came home - she didn't poo for 24 hours. I took her to the vet in this time and we put it down to her being so nervous and we've had no glitches since until now.

So, right now, I'm not completely panicking. She has eaten - not a lot but she has.

My question: do people think I should bring her inside to monitor her or leave her be? I don't actually have an indoor cage (annoyingly, it's still at my Mum's from when I moved out 3 years ago!!) but I do have a cat carrier and she can have a run whilst we're here but I have a toddler and a dog and I'm not sure whether this would make things worse. The dog would never go near her, he ignores Toffee wonderfully but y'know.

I could wait until my toddler naps or goes to bed tonight and shut the dog in the kitchen.

I'm kind of thinking that I should leave her where she knows but I don't know... I'm new to all this... Wondering whether I should've left it longer until I got her spayed :( :(

She had a 24 hour pain relief injection to come home with so she should be OK until this evening. They said just go to back if I needed more.

About to go and do my weekly food shop so I'm going to pick up some leafy greens to try and tempt her to eat some more to get her going again.

Back