• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cremation prices!!!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
£35 to have Albert cremated, and that's the one where we don't get any of him back!!!

I dread to think how much a private one costs:evil:

I took my boy to be cremated today and it cost me £94.27 for a private one.
Very expensive but worth it.

That's about the price that I've heard before, my mum looked into it when our dog passed away :cry: about the same price for the ashes back option too.

just looked on the crematory place where I had my dog privately cremated and returned in a casket and seems to be the same sorta price for a med dog as it is for a giant rabbit....seems a bit if a difference in size really, could maybe understand if they were same price as say a cat

have to say though they did an amazing service and really took the stress out of it, they collect the body from your vet, call to let you know they have received the pet, cremate privately and return to your vet in your chosen keepsake, took a lot of stress out of a very sad time so worth every penny

Vets contact pet crematoriums to do the cremation. They require a lot of fuel, clean up and other things plus the vet has to make a small profit themselves. The size of the animal to be cremated isn't taken into account usually, as I think the crematoriums essentially deal in units.

Is this a price from your vets or from the crematorium direct?

I paid more when the vets cremated Kermit for me and then I got his ashes back. When I took Inca to the crematorium myself it was cheaper.

I paid more when the vets cremated Kermit for me and then I got his ashes back. When I took Inca to the crematorium myself it was cheaper.

the vets, i have never heard of a pet cremation place near me :/

Yeah the vet has to make a profit on top of whatever they pay the crematorium and however much transport to them is. I think it's harder to remember that vets have to make a living in certain circumstances.

The pet crematorium near me charged £100 for a private one :( Which was the main reason I didn't get Boris' ashes back. I just couldn't afford it.

Back