• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George will have a new wife on Wednesday

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Angie from BARC has allowed me to adopt Violet and has delivered her to Kirsty who is bringing her most of the way to me on Wednesday.

It feels far too soon to me - I haven't even picked up Gemma's ashes yet - but George needs bunny company, especially as I am doing really long shifts at the moment to try and reduce my overdraft.

I just hope the bond is an easy one.

George is very excited about his new friend.

I am so grateful to Angie and Kirsty for making this happen. Seeing George so sad is awful. Even my best friend (who likes bunnies, but knows very little about them) noticed how miserable George was looking. He looks just like Eeyore out of Winnie the Pooh - sort of dejected:( (George, not my friend!)

So glad for George (Eeyore) that the beautiful Violet is coming to light up his life.

Hope the bonding goes smoothly for you all once she has settled in :wave:

im in havant too so if theres anything I can do to help get violet to you then just shout and i'll see if I can be of use, sorry but driving all the way to collect her was too far, I did think about it!

Oh Karen :(

I know how it feels pairing up a bun when you still haven't collected the ashes. I had to do pair Pickle up before collecting Bella's Ashes - I felt so wrong.

I don't really know what to say, I hope the bond is an easy one and George brightens up.

I am sorry that I have not replied to your PM yet, will get in touch tomorrow.

Sending vibes for George , I hope you are ok too.

im in havant too so if theres anything I can do to help get violet to you then just shout and i'll see if I can be of use, sorry but driving all the way to collect her was too far, I did think about it!

I'm picking Violet up from a service station on the A34 on Wednesday. I can drive about an hour if I have a walk around and a rest before I drive back. I have arthritis of my neck, shoulders and knees so a long drive is painful.

Would be good to meet another local bunny Mummy though. Maybe we could have a coffee and chat bunnies one day?

Well, Violet is here. She spent most of the journey with me digging in the carrier.

She will be living in a pen in a spare room until I start the bond. I am going to make sure input and output are OK and will then probably move her with George into my study with a divider between them for a while before I start bonding.

George and Gemma were the hardest bond I have ever done and I didn't do a slow introduction with them so I am going to try it with George and Violet.

I also have two bunnies arriving tomorrow who belong to a friend of someone on here and I am going to be bonding them. Can't start two bonds at the same time - far too stressful!!!

Violet seems a lovely bun. I've had one cuddle:love:

I want to change her name to something that goes with George (not Mildred as I don't like that name). Suggestions would be welcome:)

Oh I really like Violet! I wouldn't change it personally, I think George and Violet sounds good together anyway, two old fashioned names :)

Violet is now settled in a pen in my spare room. She had another cuddle:love: and has nommed some of the fresh veg Angie packed for her.

I moved the guinea-pigs from my bedroom into the spare room too - in a separate pen, obviously - so Violet can hear other furries. I am running out of space as I have two buns arriving to be bonded tomorrow. Once Violet is bonded she will move to free range in the kitchen with George.

Violet (am still not sure about the name) seems pretty laid back about her long journey. She stays out in the pen although I have put a hidey hole in there for her if she wants to use it.

She is a gorgeous bun:love:

Violet is now settled in a pen in my spare room. She had another cuddle:love: and has nommed some of the fresh veg Angie packed for her.

I moved the guinea-pigs from my bedroom into the spare room too - in a separate pen, obviously - so Violet can hear other furries. I am running out of space as I have two buns arriving to be bonded tomorrow. Once Violet is bonded she will move to free range in the kitchen with George.

Violet (am still not sure about the name) seems pretty laid back about her long journey. She stays out in the pen although I have put a hidey hole in there for her if she wants to use it.

She is a gorgeous bun:love:

sounds like she has made herself right at home :love::love::love: do you have any new names in mind?

So glad to hear that the gorgeous Violet is settling well. She is rather a beauty. Those eye lashes! (Saw her on the barc website and on RIN here).

I've left Violet alone for a while but will go up and check on her now as I am on-call and may have to go to work at any minute. I may even have another cuddle:love: I talk to her when I am holding her and stroking her and she looks at me as though she is taking it all in and trying to decide if she likes me - I hope she does!

I can't understand why some people don't like agouti coloured bunnies - I think they are beautiful - but then if we all liked the same things, the world would be a boring place!

Violet certainly has her paws well and truly under the table.

When I went in to check on her before going to bed she had tipped her bowl of water over so the newspaper was soaked and she had devoured every scrap of food. I'd given her a bottle as well as a bowl, so she still had access to water.

This morning her food bowl was completely empty again. I think she has also nommed some hay (Angie said she wasn't a lover of hay). Her poos are lovely and golden:D so I think she has settled in well.

Well, Violet can certainly eat!!! Every scrap of food disappears - rapidly!! She has trashed her pen by moving the litter tray and digging up all the newspaper underneath and shredding it. She has growled at me twice:( and I've mostly let her be today, apart from feeding her. Having said that she did take a dandelion leaf from my hand so I think I can probably bribe her with noms:)

I have a feeling this isn't going to be an easy bond:(

Back