• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 Months free PetPlan insurance for new customers.

Thanks for that.

At the moment I only have George insured - none of the others - and it was such a relief that Gemma was insured before she died as finding the excess is much, much easier than finding the whole vet bill.

My finances will be much better in two months as I will have started a new job so I will insure another couple of buns now. I need to see if they do discount for multi-pets as I will have eight bunnies and five cats.

Thanks for that.

At the moment I only have George insured - none of the others - and it was such a relief that Gemma was insured before she died as finding the excess is much, much easier than finding the whole vet bill.

My finances will be much better in two months as I will have started a new job so I will insure another couple of buns now. I need to see if they do discount for multi-pets as I will have eight bunnies and five cats.

You might be better off trying Exotic pets. Its about £120 something for the first pet and really cheap for the rest. My renewal quote with Petplan was £175 so I cancelled and got Bandit insuranced with Exotic pets for £75, on one of the chinchillas policies. I had never made a claim with PetPlan either so was shocked how expensive it was. Only drawback is that Exotic pets don't have a life cover but the more pets you insure with them the cheaper it gets.

You might be better off trying Exotic pets. Its about £120 something for the first pet and really cheap for the rest. My renewal quote with Petplan was £175 so I cancelled and got Bandit insuranced with Exotic pets for £75, on one of the chinchillas policies. I had never made a claim with PetPlan either so was shocked how expensive it was. Only drawback is that Exotic pets don't have a life cover but the more pets you insure with them the cheaper it gets.

£120:shock: I hope you don't mean monthly!

I paid £12 per month each for George and Gemma which I thought was quite expensive as I have a £75 excess.

Even when my finances improve I don't think I can insure all the buns and the cats so will probably just insure the buns as they get sick far, far more than my cats (famous last words!). I did have three elderly cats but sadly they are all now at the Bridge and my remaining five are all reasonably young. One does get into fights sometimes so I may insure him.

I've never made a claim with Petplan so hope they do pay out for Gemma. My vet completed all the paperwork for me and sent it off. I will then pay the excess when they receive the rest from Petplan.

I've never heard of pet insurance for rabbits, only dogs and cats. Out of curiosity, why would you need to insure a bunny? I could understand a dog or cat as they wander around outside and can get hit by cars and vet bills are really expensive, but bunnies? Aren't they safer tucked up in their homes and cheaper to treat?

I may not have worded this correctly. I'm not saying don't insure bunnies "because they're cheap and easy and replaceable" because they're not, but I wouldn't have thought they would be as much of a risk as dogs or cats? I also don't mean, it's not worth treating them when they're sick because obviously you love your bunny and you do whatever you can to get them better if/when they do fall sick. I just don't understand the insurance thing and I would like to so I can decide whether I should get my guys insured or not. Really hope you understand what I mean :oops:

I've never heard of pet insurance for rabbits, only dogs and cats. Out of curiosity, why would you need to insure a bunny? I could understand a dog or cat as they wander around outside and can get hit by cars and vet bills are really expensive, but bunnies? Aren't they safer tucked up in their homes and cheaper to treat?

I may not have worded this correctly. I'm not saying don't insure bunnies "because they're cheap and easy and replaceable" because they're not, but I wouldn't have thought they would be as much of a risk as dogs or cats? I also don't mean, it's not worth treating them when they're sick because obviously you love your bunny and you do whatever you can to get them better if/when they do fall sick. I just don't understand the insurance thing and I would like to so I can decide whether I should get my guys insured or not. Really hope you understand what I mean :oops:

I started this thread the other day.....

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?400281-Thank-goodness-for-rabbit-pet-insurance

We're insured with helpucover.co.uk and our excess is £45. For us, Pet Plan's excess was more and the premium was also more with Pet Plan and there was nothing in it as far as the cover was concerned. We went with helpucover in the end.

I managed to get both ours insured for £7.60 per month for both bunnies. This is how I did it....

The quote from helpucover was £6.05 for each bunny, that's £12.10 per month for both of them or £145.20 per year for both of them.

The quote includes a multi pet discount plus they did the first month free for the second bunny. That's £145.20-£6.05 = £139.15 per year for both bunnies.

Quidco were and still are doing a cash back offer of £24 per policy. That's equivalent to a further £48 off per year, which bring it down to £91.15 per year for both bunnies.

£91.15p / 12 months = £7.60 per month for bunnies or just £3.80 per month per bunny.

We've only had cover for just under 2 months and we've already been faced with a vet bill yesterday for £572!!!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?400281-Thank-goodness-for-rabbit-pet-insurance

We're insured with helpucover.co.uk and our excess is £45. For us, Pet Plan's excess was more and the premium was also more with Pet Plan and there was nothing in it as far as the cover was concerned. We went with helpucover in the end.

I managed to get both ours insured for £7.60 per month for both bunnies. This is how I did it....

The quote from helpucover was £6.05 for each bunny, that's £12.10 per month for both of them or £145.20 per year for both of them.

The quote includes a multi pet discount plus they did the first month free for the second bunny. That's £145.20-£6.05 = £139.15 per year for both bunnies.

Quidco were and still are doing a cash back offer of £24 per policy. That's equivalent to a further £48 off per year, which bring it down to £91.15 per year for both bunnies.

£91.15p / 12 months = £7.60 per month for bunnies or just £3.80 per month per bunny.

We've only had cover for just under 2 months and we've already been faced with a vet bill yesterday for £572!!!

That sounds awesome. I could have all my buns insured if I could get it for that sort of price. What is quidco?

£120:shock: I hope you don't mean monthly!

I paid £12 per month each for George and Gemma which I thought was quite expensive as I have a £75 excess.

Even when my finances improve I don't think I can insure all the buns and the cats so will probably just insure the buns as they get sick far, far more than my cats (famous last words!). I did have three elderly cats but sadly they are all now at the Bridge and my remaining five are all reasonably young. One does get into fights sometimes so I may insure him.

I've never made a claim with Petplan so hope they do pay out for Gemma. My vet completed all the paperwork for me and sent it off. I will then pay the excess when they receive the rest from Petplan.

Oh flipping hell :lol: No, £120 a year. Exotic pets excess is £35 per claim. I have made one claim with them and they were easy to deal with. Never claimed with Petplan and Pets at Home are a nightmare.

I was hoping that you may get all your bunnies insured for a few hundred a year, but you would need to phone them. I can't get Cutie pie insured with them due to her age. or Mr B because of his ongoing dentals. I can find the number for you tomorrow if you want to phone them for a quote.

That sounds awesome. I could have all my buns insured if I could get it for that sort of price. What is quidco?

Quidco.com

It's a cashback website. I use it for shopping, car insurance, house insurance, and pretty much anything else in between.

You need to register with them and instead of going to say, Tesco's website directly, you go through quidco's link and they will give you a percentage in cashback on what you spend.

I've been using it for nearly 3 years now and so far, received just over £1000 in cashback.

My latest cash back are helpucover (pet insurance) £48 for the 2 policies, Aviva car insurance £70 and Directline house insurance £50.

If you're spending the money, you might as well get something back.

Blimey, I definitely see your point now. I didn't realise it could cost so much or so many things could go wrong with bunnies :shock: I will definitely look into getting my three insured now, I do have some savings but i moved house in June which has more halved them and my house is costing me more than I realised to run so am still living on said savings to top up my salary. A couple of large bills like that would totally erase them and although I would do everything in my power for my buns, I'd really hate to have to beg and plead with my dad to lend me say £1500 to save my buns life. He'd probably say pts :evil:

Back