• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone else's rabbit ever done this?

moonturtle

Warren Scout
This evening I was cuddling with Bojangles and she began to groom me as she does. She licks my forehead and "eats" my hair. Tonight, she began digging in my hair. I had to get her to stop because it hurt. Has any other bunnies ever done this?

This evening I was cuddling with Bojangles and she began to groom me as she does. She licks my forehead and "eats" my hair. Tonight, she began digging in my hair. I had to get her to stop because it hurt. Has any other bunnies ever done this?

rosie used to do that pull bits out, but she did it gently :lol: she also used to lick wounds,cuts, sores and I had a mole on my hand for 12yrs until got rosie she ket licking it then it vanished :shock: I thank her for that :lol:
she used to lick face too but also thought your ears needed cleaning out to, then would try and go up your nose :shock: so had to say rosie that's enough :lol:

do miss her for that as she seemed to heal my dry skin, she pulled it off soo gently and seemed to make it better, sounds gross but she was so loving to help me that way

rosie used to do that pull bits out, but she did it gently :lol: she also used to lick wounds,cuts, sores and I had a mole on my hand for 12yrs until got rosie she ket licking it then it vanished :shock: I thank her for that :lol:
she used to lick face too but also thought your ears needed cleaning out to, then would try and go up your nose :shock: so had to say rosie that's enough :lol:

do miss her for that as she seemed to heal my dry skin, she pulled it off soo gently and seemed to make it better, sounds gross but she was so loving to help me that way

That actually sounds very sweet and tender.

Samantha licks any bit of skin she can find and is always sneaking up behind me on the sofa to try and nom a bit of hair. Truffles would rather spontaneously combust than touch a human voluntarily.

yep :D and if im not giving him enough attention, rupert pulls my hair too! he gives me a kiss everymorning he licks and nibbles my fringe :love:

Awww that doesn't sound gross at all, it sounds adorable :love: You must have had a very close bond with her. My Dexter was a very licky bunny, whenever I held him, any bit of skin he could reach, he licked constantly :love: Slipper prefers to bite me :roll: but Badger and Blueberry have given me the odd lick here and there in the 10 days I've had them :love:

Levi loves licking me and has had a go at my hair when he can reach it. He can be giving me the absolute run around being a little tinker one minute, and licking me the next. I love it :)

Bear used to sleep in our room but we had to stop as he would jump on the bed in the night and eat my hair :lol:

I don't mind the hair eating, but it was the digging that hurt. Has anyone else's rabbit dug in their hair?

I'm guessing that at some point she decided you had either requested too much grooming and needed to move, or were in her way. She probably gave your hair a gentle nip which you didn't notice, so the next step is to dig you until you move.

Back