• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No more bunnies?

Canidae

Warren Scout
It has been quite a while since Bo passed away and this is the longest I have been without a rabbit since I was 7. I am struggling with the idea that I might not want another. Firstly I still miss Bo so much. He was such a good bun that took to moving indoors so well, he didn't chew and got on with the dogs. Another bun may be a chewer or be scared of my other animals. Or a rescue may not adopt to me again with my indoor set-up?

I think these are partly excuses as I feel quite free after months of caring for Bo during his illness. Am I horrible for not wanting a rabbit again in the forseeable future? I see rabbits on here and my heart aches. :(

of course you're not horrible. it takes time to heal after losing them and it's hard to look after them at times, especially if they have been ill. take some more time, and you'll know if and when the time is right again. if it never is, that's not a bad thing. you can just admire all the buns on here. :love: you could consider fostering maybe so you have bunnies around but not the responsibility of long term care? xxx

No you're not horrible. I won't be getting bunnies for a long time now either.

It would be worse to take on animals you weren't fully committed to.

I love and miss my bunnies so much. But I am looking forward to having a hay free house and a tidier garden. There's nothing wrong with that.

Back