• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Mr and Mrs

madisonjinx

Young Bun
Hi all,

I've recently got a little girl for my Bobby from a rescue, her name is Anika. The rescue did a great job with the initial bond and all seem quite well but I'm still hoping for some pointers.

Bobby is/was a free range bunny, since they returned from their bonding I penned off part of the kitchen so as not to break the bond. Things went well and I slowly extended it until they had the kitchen and the hallway. In hindsight, I never actually saw them groom each other but they didn't fight. Then one day Bobby managed to break through the puppy pens and run upstairs to his favourite space under the bed for a little nap. Anika didn't follow. Then we would notice that Bobby would lay his head in front of Anika like he wanted a little kiss and she would ignore him.

When I got Bobby back downstairs the newly weds ignored each other so I went back to penning them in the kitchen. Since then Anika has started grooming his face occasionally. Today he broke free again and went off upstairs, this was only about 5 mins but she didn't follow him. I don'y actually think she known how to navigate stairs!

So basically i'm hoping that someone would let me know how they have gotten on introducing a newly bonded rabbit to a house environment and if they could give me any pointers for solidifying their bond!

Thanks all

Back