• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippin refuses to drink from a bowl?

jazxo

Mama Doe
I've tried numerous times and different bowls but she takes no notice and goes straight to the bottle. Since she's come home from being bonded with Pippin I've left them just with a bowl and she still hasn't touched it. Going to give her bottle back tonight as I feel too mean. Any other ideas?

I have never used a water bottle as I don't favour them at all, but just go cold turkey on her? If she is still drinking water from the bottle and your other bun drinks from bowls, she will soon catch on. I went 'cold turkey' on all my adopted rabbits who were all previously on water bottles and they catch on quickly.

I have never used a water bottle as I don't favour them at all, but just go cold turkey on her? If she is still drinking water from the bottle and your other bun drinks from bowls, she will soon catch on. I went 'cold turkey' on all my adopted rabbits who were all previously on water bottles and they catch on quickly.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. It hasn't been 24 hours, only since yesterday afternoon and I know she hasn't drank anything from the bowl. How long shall I leave her without a bottle if we continues not to drink from a bowl?

Can you take it out, empty it, put it back in and refill it in front of her? Sounds strange but two of mine don't always realise their bowl is there unless I make a fuss with it :roll::lol:

Or float some parsley in it? Or carrot? That helps mine drink sometimes!

Can you take it out, empty it, put it back in and refill it in front of her? Sounds strange but two of mine don't always realise their bowl is there unless I make a fuss with it :roll::lol:

Or float some parsley in it? Or carrot? That helps mine drink sometimes!

I'll try that and I've tried floating herbs in it before but she wouldn't eat them haha

Could you try putting the bowl under the spout of the bottle and see if that tempts her to drink from it?

Back