• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed am I? Part 2!

Coggit

Young Bun
I posted a while back asking what breed Harry was. We came to the decision he was a Silvers. I've been looking at pictures of silvers, and although I do see a lot of similarities, I've just read that Silvers are classified by silver furs among their normal colour - Harry doesn't have this. He is literally the double of these rabbits: http://ironagefarm.com/category/rabbits/ BUT, if you look at the bottom picture, you can clearly see the silver hairs, again, something Harry doesn't have at all. Since his moult this month, he has also changed colour slightly and has a new pattern on his back. I need to know what he is, as I'm going to get insurance for him, and when I spoke to PetPlan earlier today, they said entering an incorrect breed would make the insurance void, and I don't want to be in a position where they won't pay out because of something so minor. Harry also has bigger ears than all of the Silvers I have seen - although he's just 6 months, so maybe he'll grow more?

Here is a pic taken this morning:

24qtwzo.jpg

Last edited:
*ninja bump!*

There seemed to be some sort of error where people couldn't post :cry: It seems to be fixed now though! If anyone has any idea about his breed, it would be a great help :thumb:

I have to say,I'd probably put "unknown" on the insurance f I didn't know. Quite a lot of bunnies they insure must be cross-breeds. I'd also send them a photo with the proposal form. You are right to want to get this correct. :thumb:

This post has prompted me to email petplan to check I listed Levi as the correct breed. When I was looking at quotes I emailed exotic direct because Mini Lion Lop wasn't listed on their breed list, and they told me to put him down as a crossbreed, so I did that when I took out insurance with petplan. But I realised I should probably check with them, I don't want to invalidate my insurance over something so minor!!

Just put crossbreed, he's probably a Silver cross, plus not all Silver's bred would confirm to the breed standards for showing so would be pet homed.

He looks bigger than 5-6 pounds and has more of a hare or rex face.

My boys are under crossbreed, I think it's just as long as it matches up with info the vet uses. Presumably it's to stop people changing which rabbit is which in households with more than one, and sometimes for working out genetic issues. But as he's generally standard bunny shaped I'd just do crossbreed.

I'm in the middle of trying to sort my insurance now as doing it online there was no box for Continental Giant, only Yellow Continental Giant so I put that and am now getting them to change it. Odd though.

Back