• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue Tortoiseshell/isabella?

Silence

New Kit
Hi
I recently added Apollo to our family. He is a young continental giant and his brother was completely blue.
I wonder what colour he is? Is he a blue tortoiseshell/isabella?
He looks more grey than blue underneath the beige colour, and his belly is white.

Bunnyhugs

DSC_0030_zpsf4588dd5.jpg

I don't know either, but he's pretty :D His ears are huge compared to his head, I guess they're to grow into?

Aww what a handsome lad, still got to grow into his ears though :lol: I love his name too :love:

I would have said Opal as well. He looks similar to my Emrys who has been identified as Opal. I had no idea as he was adopted but my vet and some lovely people on here put me right.

Aww what a handsome lad, still got to grow into his ears though :lol: I love his name too :love:

I would have said Opal as well. He looks similar to my Emrys who has been identified as Opal. I had no idea as he was adopted but my vet and some lovely people on here put me right.

Another stunning bunny :love:

Thank you guys so much! I love the opal colour, can't believe I never thought of that. He is changing colour and becoming more blue at the moment. He isn't fully grown yet, so maybe his colour will change.

I'd say lynx personally, opals are usually much darker. What a gorgeous rabbit though, it's quite hard to breed to that colour so I didn't know you could get lynx giants :love: Opal rabbits are the blue version of agouti's, lynx rabbits are the lilac version of agouti's so paler :)

He's lovely!

Is he pure conti? I didn't know they could be that colour either. His face is also quite "pointy" and very handsome. His ears are definite conti. I just love how big they are. :)

Yeah he is a pure continental giant.
I would love to know what colours his parents were, but I only know that his brother was blue.

Lynx, interesting, I have never seen a lynx rabbit :)

Yeah he is a pure continental giant.
I would love to know what colours his parents were, but I only know that his brother was blue.

Lynx, interesting, I have never seen a lynx rabbit :)

If he's got darker recently then it might be easier to go on google and search 'opal rabbit' and 'lnyx rabbit' (although lynx rabbit does come up with some pictures of lynx hunting arctic rabbits/hares). Don't look at pictures of rex rabbits though because their colours look completely different to long haired breeds :) But from the pictures you posted I'd say lynx

Back