• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Albert's gone :'(

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Just found him lying in his kennel surrounded by the other 3:cry: I've never lost a rabbit before, I feel sick:cry:

i'll post properly in rainbow bridge sometime

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am sorry :cry:

It may be wise to consider having a PM done as you have other Rabbits. It is of course a personal decision, but if Albert's passing was due to something that could effect the others it is better to find out sooner rather than later

:cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry Emmie :cry: agree about the PM, it might be something that could affect the others :(

Binky free Albert xxx

Oh no... So shocking and losing the first is so very hard. Sorry very sorry. Thinking of you.
Binky free Albert. Xxx

im thinking it was a fit or stroke, his head is locked back :(

I can't do anything until my vets is open on Monday, going to ask about a PM but I have a feeling its going to be unaffordable:(

Gona keep a very close eye on the others, so far they don't seem to be bothered that he is gone, either that or they've already grieved for him as I don't know how long he was gone for or they haven't 'noticed' he is gone

im thinking it was a fit or stroke, his head is locked back :(

I can't do anything until my vets is open on Monday, going to ask about a PM but I have a feeling its going to be unaffordable:(

Gona keep a very close eye on the others, so far they don't seem to be bothered that he is gone, either that or they've already grieved for him as I don't know how long he was gone for or they haven't 'noticed' he is gone

Could he have fallen from a higher level in the Kennel ? It sounds as though he may have sustained a broken neck :cry:

Poor Albert :cry: RIP little chap xx

What a shock for you. Sorry for your loss.

It sounds like your other buns did see him & have quite possibly acknowledged him being gone. They don't have to spend a large amount of time to understand what has happened. They will probably have sniffed & then left him before you got there. The fact you still have 3 means they still have the comfort of each other.

Binky free little one x

Could he have fallen from a higher level in the Kennel ? It sounds as though he may have sustained a broken neck :cry:

Poor Albert :cry: RIP little chap xx

the highest thing is only a foot high :/ I did think that he died, then the other buns pushed or moved up meaning his head went to rigga mortis in that position :/ I don't know :(

Back