• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopefully I've found a wife for George

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Since my gorgeous Gemma sadly was helped to the Bridge on Monday her husbun George has been very sad. He spends a lot of time in his crate with his back to me:(

He is eating, but much less than usual. There are still lots of poos but they are smaller than they used to be. I don't want to stress him out further by taking him back to the vet as he was there when Gemma died. If I have to I will syringe feed as I am positive there is no blockage, he is grieving, but I would prefer not to stress him out by doing that.

I have been giving him cuddles and he accepts them but just looks so very sad. Pippa (my cat who thinks she is a rabbit) has also been spending time with him and grooming him but she doesn't speak 'rabbit' and he needs a companion of his own again.

My finances are dire at the moment but fortunately that will change as I was successful in getting another job and start my three weeks training on 14 October as a 111 call handler. I am working as and when but have been told if I want to I can change to a contract with set hours. I have also been given a new client at my other job and told there are a lot of hours there I can work. Am doing a 14 hour shift with her on Sunday, which is at a higher rate, so that will help.

George is a BARC bunny and Angie has a single, agouti, female bun who looks ideal for him. She is two and has been spayed and vaccinated (which was important as it will take a while for my finances to sort themselves out). She will be insured as Gemma was and so I am used to the premium being deducted every month.

All I have to do now is sort out a bunny run from BARC to somewhere near enough for me to be able to go and collect her.

I have told George I have hopefully found him a wife but he still looks so sad. It is breaking my heart to see him like this and I feel dreadful when I have to leave him to go to work - but I have to as I only get paid if I work as all my jobs are 'as and when'.

Will put a thread up for a bunny run and hope that one can be arranged.

Fingers crossed everyone.

The bun in question is Violet

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?397942-Violet&highlight=violet

She is stunning Karen :love::love::love:

In the next month I am moving to within half an hours drive of barc. If this can wait a few weeks I could do a door to door bunny run for you :wave:

Thank you so much. I'll see if something can be arranged sooner as I am worried about George not eating as much as usual - he doesn't have excess weight to lose. You are so lucky moving near to BARC. I would love to visit Angie and all the buns.

Thank you so much for offering though. It is really kind of you and it is such a long way that it's quite possible I won't be able to sort anything sooner.

xxxx

No worries, but the offer is there, we quite often go up to Sheffield actually, if we go between then and now I will let you know!

Thank you so much. Violet does look lovely, doesn't she? Angie 'phoned me and we had a good chat and Violet sounds like she will make George very happy. I feel really conflicted as I haven't even been to collect Gemma's ashes yet - but I want to see George back to being 'George' again.

I did look on gumtree and preloved but so many seem to be baby buns and I don't want to encourage breeding. Seeing some of the hutches and cages for sale was depressing. None were of a decent size.

I :love: BARC buns - they have so much character - and I am sure Violet will fit in very well with my furry family.

Oh I do hope it all works out for you Violet and George. She is quite beautiful.

Violet is gorgeous! :) hope it all goes well! I looked on the BARC website and all their buns look lovely :)

Thank you everyone.

I applied for the job a very long time ago and had the interview a couple of months ago. It has all taken a long time. Just hope I get through the training.

Angie has put a transport request up now - I couldn't do it as I don't have permission to post on that part of the site.

A friend came over today and he said how sad George looks:( I'm doing a 14 hour shift tomorrow with a client with a brain injury so, with the driving, I will be out of the house for 16 hours. I don't like leaving the animals that long but I need the money. They did ask me to do a 24 hour shift but I said I couldn't.

I have a feeling I will be sleeping most of Monday.

Back